What's new

Tiny crown?

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little wedge shaped piece appears to have been broken off of something. It bear a crown shape on each side. It's approx. 3/4 of an inch wide. Any ideas would be great - I like these little mysteries now and again. :D
033.jpg
 
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.Anyway this is the closes to it I've found but have not looked much myself if I see or remember anything else I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

11400 - BRITISH ARMY EMBLEMS LION AND CROWN, A nice dug pair of Revolutionary War British army emblems (3/4" - 1"). One being a facing lion and the other a crown, the lion's head is cast and the crown is die stamped. Probably decorative emblems from a cartridge box or other leather accoutrement. Site unknown, but probably New York, both fine condition, the pair...........................................
 

Attachments

  • britishemblems[1].webp
    britishemblems[1].webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I agree chances are slim but nothing is unsolvable. It just hasnt been seen by the right person.
here we go again, it was a light hearted joke, of course its solvable ::)
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.Anyway this is the closes to it I've found but have not looked much myself if I see or remember anything else I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

11400 - BRITISH ARMY EMBLEMS LION AND CROWN, A nice dug pair of Revolutionary War British army emblems (3/4" - 1"). One being a facing lion and the other a crown, the lion's head is cast and the crown is die stamped. Probably decorative emblems from a cartridge box or other leather accoutrement. Site unknown, but probably New York, both fine condition, the pair...........................................

I agree, shame we can't all work together, but thats life. Can't be all things to all men. :icon_thumright: I'll keep my humour as well thanks :wink:
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.

Thanks for trying to help because TN appears to be breaking apart. Yes its the accumulated effort that makes What Is It the best online identification forum in the world. Being polite and cordial is what used to make this place so great. PBK used to teach us that no one person is better than anyone else. I realize that those of you that make great finds everyday may not be interested in IDing a broken remnant. But thats what we do here. Its easy to ID those items that are whole.


It takes a strong person to turn the other cheek when insulted. This is something I am trying to learn. All my life I had to fight for respect. There should really be no reason to fight here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Sometimes jealousy rears its ugly head. Jokes are great but inside jokes could make other members feel left out. We need to try harder to work together and not against ourselves.

Again timekiller thanks for trying to help.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I agree chances are slim but nothing is unsolvable. It just hasnt been seen by the right person.
here we go again, it was a light hearted joke, of course its solvable ::)
I went back and reread the post and I realize that you were just joking about the "unsolvable crown". My comment was not made directly at you. This object has been labeled unsolvable from the very beginning or somehow not worthy of research and I thought that was sad. Im glad to see you agree with me on something. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I agree chances are slim but nothing is unsolvable. It just hasnt been seen by the right person.
here we go again, it was a light hearted joke, of course its solvable ::)
I went back and reread the post and I realize that you were just joking about the "unsolvable crown". My comment was not made directly at you. This object has been labeled unsolvable from the very beginning or somehow not worthy of research and I thought that was sad. Im glad to see you agree with me on something. :icon_thumright:
I agree with you on lots of things.
 
Upvote 0
For the record I think there is a chance it can be solved, but that won't change the fact that it's one for the junk bucket. Even if it was off a super rare military relic that would probably be just enough to keep it out! I dug plently for the bucket myself today!
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
For the record I think there is a chance it can be solved, but that won't change the fact that it's one for the junk bucket. Even if it was off a super rare military relic that would probably just be just enough to keep it out! I dug plently for the bucket myself today!
I think mine is more a junk box, all my buckets are filled with lye and bottles :D And it's in the middle of my bedroom....got kinda heavy and I don't wanna move it!
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
For the record I think there is a chance it can be solved, but that won't change the fact that it's one for the junk bucket. Even if it was off a super rare military relic that would probably just be just enough to keep it out! I dug plently for the bucket myself today!
I think mine is more a junk box, all my buckets are filled with lye and bottles :D And it's in the middle of my bedroom....got kinda heavy and I don't wanna move it!


About 6 years ago I did away with all my junk catrchers! :thumbsup: Now it's broken down to trash, for sale, or keep and display.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
About 6 years ago I did away with all my junk catrchers! :thumbsup: Now it's broken down to trash, for sale, or keep and display.
I should probably do that too lol, I usually pile the copper scrap together for my brother and the axeheads go in a box. I do have a good collection of partial spoons!
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.Anyway this is the closes to it I've found but have not looked much myself if I see or remember anything else I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

11400 - BRITISH ARMY EMBLEMS LION AND CROWN, A nice dug pair of Revolutionary War British army emblems (3/4" - 1"). One being a facing lion and the other a crown, the lion's head is cast and the crown is die stamped. Probably decorative emblems from a cartridge box or other leather accoutrement. Site unknown, but probably New York, both fine condition, the pair...........................................


What is the price on the crown? By how it reads it's going to be way too much! (because it's not Rev War)
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.Anyway this is the closes to it I've found but have not looked much myself if I see or remember anything else I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

11400 - BRITISH ARMY EMBLEMS LION AND CROWN, A nice dug pair of Revolutionary War British army emblems (3/4" - 1"). One being a facing lion and the other a crown, the lion's head is cast and the crown is die stamped. Probably decorative emblems from a cartridge box or other leather accoutrement. Site unknown, but probably New York, both fine condition, the pair...........................................


What is the price on the crown? By how it reads it's going to be way too much! (because it's not Rev War)
Here is the site IP!Just getting on been a looooonnnnngggggg day today buddy!
$75.00 and someone brought them! :D
http://www.historicalshop.com/sitecontents/colonial/colartifacts.htm
 

Attachments

  • 36_1_47[1].gif
    36_1_47[1].gif
    21 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Just to make myself clear I only answered a question,in a funny way to try and smooth the tention! :thumbsup: As somethings are hard to find out about.But to have different people that are filmiular in the field of the question being asked is a good thing as it helps come to a conculsion.But these same people need to work together for it to work right and when they start breaking apart and getting upset with each other then you loose that great help that comes from all sides.So that was all I was tring to do. As I've been there myself it's easy to get upset but not so to try and work it out together sometimes.Anyway this is the closes to it I've found but have not looked much myself if I see or remember anything else I'll post it for you. :thumbsup:

11400 - BRITISH ARMY EMBLEMS LION AND CROWN, A nice dug pair of Revolutionary War British army emblems (3/4" - 1"). One being a facing lion and the other a crown, the lion's head is cast and the crown is die stamped. Probably decorative emblems from a cartridge box or other leather accoutrement. Site unknown, but probably New York, both fine condition, the pair...........................................


What is the price on the crown? By how it reads it's going to be way too much! (because it's not Rev War)
Here is the site IP!Just getting on been a looooonnnnngggggg day today buddy!
$75.00 and someone brought them! :D
http://www.historicalshop.com/sitecontents/colonial/colartifacts.htm

Oh well, hope they like em!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom