What's new

Tiny crown?

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little wedge shaped piece appears to have been broken off of something. It bear a crown shape on each side. It's approx. 3/4 of an inch wide. Any ideas would be great - I like these little mysteries now and again. :D
033.jpg
 
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)

Hunthicks might be fairly new to this forum but we have known each other on the forums for over 2 years, and he has hunted with my bud the patriot. So he knows I wouldn't tell him to junk something unless it was junk. That being said, if you want to dedicate yourself to figuring out what the broken piece is off you are more than happy to do that! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I removed my prior comments. Can we see some better pics?
 
Upvote 0
Is there lettering across the bottom or am I just seeing things?
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)

Hunthicks might be fairly new to this forum but we have known each other on the forums for over 2 years, and he has hunted with my bud the patriot. So he knows I wouldn't tell him to junk something unless it was junk. That being said, if you want to dedicate yourself to figuring out what the broken piece is off you are more than happy to do that! :thumbsup:

Yup, whenever I'm having a noob moment I'm always waiting for IP to let me know what's up. That said, I have a packrat kinda mentality, I have multiple boxes full of junk from detecting and bottle/insulator digging just lying around. The girlfriend hasn't shot me yet, so it's all good ;D
I'd love to find out just what every little thing I find is/was but I know that's not always feasable - worth a try of course. Back out hunting tomorrow to find a new piece to wonder about!
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)

Hunthicks might be fairly new to this forum but we have known each other on the forums for over 2 years, and he has hunted with my bud the patriot. So he knows I wouldn't tell him to junk something unless it was junk. That being said, if you want to dedicate yourself to figuring out what the broken piece is off you are more than happy to do that! :thumbsup:

Yup, whenever I'm having a noob moment I'm always waiting for IP to let me know what's up. That said, I have a packrat kinda mentality, I have multiple boxes full of junk from detecting and bottle/insulator digging just lying around. The girlfriend hasn't shot me yet, so it's all good ;D
I'd love to find out just what every little thing I find is/was but I know that's not always feasable - worth a try of course. Back out hunting tomorrow to find a new piece to wonder about!
We still dont know what it is but its up to you if you want to take IPs advice and give up and toss it.. There are other members here that will not give up on it so easily.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)

Hunthicks might be fairly new to this forum but we have known each other on the forums for over 2 years, and he has hunted with my bud the patriot. So he knows I wouldn't tell him to junk something unless it was junk. That being said, if you want to dedicate yourself to figuring out what the broken piece is off you are more than happy to do that! :thumbsup:

Yup, whenever I'm having a noob moment I'm always waiting for IP to let me know what's up. That said, I have a packrat kinda mentality, I have multiple boxes full of junk from detecting and bottle/insulator digging just lying around. The girlfriend hasn't shot me yet, so it's all good ;D
I'd love to find out just what every little thing I find is/was but I know that's not always feasable - worth a try of course. Back out hunting tomorrow to find a new piece to wonder about!
We still dont know what it is but its up to you if you want to take IPs advice and give up and toss it.. There are other members here that will not give up on it so easily.


If you're going to mention me in your posts don't put words in my mouth.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
We still dont know what it is but its up to you if you want to take IPs advice and give up and toss it.. There are other members here that will not give up on it so easily.
I'm not going to toss it - I'm a packrat :P But I can see the good in IPs advice; as there's not a lot of chance for ID - it's pretty crusty and broken on three sides. While I'd love to know what it was, it's not likely going to be special and if it was....then I'd probably be a little ticked it wasn't intact! Feel free to try and figure it out, but that picture is about as good as it gets. It's wedge shaped, broken on the bottom and the two "points" on each side of the top are broken. It could've been piece of any sore of decorative mid 1700s/early 1800s piece I suppose.
Maybe I'll have something more worthy of an ID come tomorrow afternoon :) Here's hoping anyways!
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
We still dont know what it is but its up to you if you want to take IPs advice and give up and toss it.. There are other members here that will not give up on it so easily.


If you're going to mention me in your posts don't put words in my mouth.
So you did not say " I would have thrown it in the trash" ? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: That sounds to me like your advice is to "toss it". :icon_scratch: :dontknow: I suppose, IronPatch, you are still researching this item for Hunthiks LOL? :wink: ;D

Maybe you care to explain? ::) It is certainly not my intention to ever misquote you.
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
I'm not going to toss it - I'm a packrat :P But I can see the good in IPs advice; as there's not a lot of chance for ID - it's pretty crusty and broken on three sides. While I'd love to know what it was, it's not likely going to be special and if it was....then I'd probably be a little ticked it wasn't intact! Feel free to try and figure it out, but that picture is about as good as it gets. It's wedge shaped, broken on the bottom and the two "points" on each side of the top are broken. It could've been piece of any sore of decorative mid 1700s/early 1800s piece I suppose.
Maybe I'll have something more worthy of an ID come tomorrow afternoon :) Here's hoping anyways!
I cant do anything with one blurry pic sorry. No back or side view. Also no identification on the type of metal. If its broken on so many sides, the chance of an ID is probably slim.
Im glad you see the good in IPs advice. Hes probably right.
For what its worth, I dont think its a crown.

Dont feel that your find is somehow unworthy of identification. I think thats the wrong attitude. We (some of us) try to ID everything here...even so called unidentified "trash". You know what it ISNT but you really dont know what it IS, until its IDed.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
We still dont know what it is but its up to you if you want to take IPs advice and give up and toss it.. There are other members here that will not give up on it so easily.


If you're going to mention me in your posts don't put words in my mouth.
So you did not say " I would have thrown it in the trash" ? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: That sounds to me like your advice is to "toss it". :icon_scratch: :dontknow: I suppose, IronPatch, you are still researching this item for Hunthiks LOL? :wink: ;D

Maybe you care to explain? ::) It is certainly not my intention to ever misquote you.


First you put words in my mouth, then quote me out of context. Good attempt at your typical spin but everyone who reads this thread can clearly see what my advice to the finder was. I at no time told him to give up, or toss it - which implies it being thrown to the trash. Maybe the term junk bucket is over your head? :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
First you put words in my mouth, then quote me out of context. Good attempt at your typical spin but everyone who reads this thread can clearly see what my advice to the finder was. I at no time told him to give up, or toss it - which implies it being thrown to the trash. Maybe the term junk bucket is over your head? :wink:

I understand the word junk bucket and I have many. Its obvious to me that you are just trying to put me down, not just here but on other posts, or maybe you just have an annoying personality. :dontknow: Because I have no interest in being confrontational with you, I am willing to remove any post that offended you. I hope its just a misunderstanding. :dontknow:

To refresh your memory, I highlighted your quote.
Iron Patch said:
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)
The end result of this thread is that this man feels that his finds are somehow unworthy of being posted on TN. And that is sad.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Iron Patch said:
First you put words in my mouth, then quote me out of context. Good attempt at your typical spin but everyone who reads this thread can clearly see what my advice to the finder was. I at no time told him to give up, or toss it - which implies it being thrown to the trash. Maybe the term junk bucket is over your head? :wink:

I understand the word junk bucket and I have many. Its obvious to me that you are just trying to put me down, not just here but on other posts, or maybe you just have an annoying personality. :dontknow: Because I have no interest in being confrontational with you, I am willing to remove any post that offended you. I hope its just a misunderstanding. :dontknow:

To refresh your memory, I highlighted your quote.
Iron Patch said:
Yes I said junk bucket, not trash can. (But I would have thrown it in the trash)
The end result of this thread is that this man feels that his finds are somehow unworthy of being posted on TN. And that is sad.


Two things.... I thought your frame of mind was coming as a result of another post because it's over the top for what we are talking about.

He feels his finds are unworthy? LOL For the love of God the guy (whom I've known for quite a while) posted a broken piece of something and wanted opinions... and that's what he got. What do you want Crusader and I to do when we see something we think is "junk", put on a pair or rose colored glasses and get someone excited that they 'could' have a piece of an early badge, that possibly 'could' be Rev War, and 'maybe' to some crazy, have some value? Man pick your battles better than this! :)
 
Upvote 0
It may very well be junk. I cannot tell by one semi-blurry picture. I thought it was unidentified.


For what its worth I apologize if I misquoted you. That was NOT my intention.

(I edited this down)
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
It may very well be junk. I cannot tell by one semi-blurry picture. I thought it was unidentified.

I am not picking a battle only an opinion that the find remains unidentified.

I agree. icon_couch.gif
 

Attachments

  • icon_couch.gif
    icon_couch.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
It may very well be junk. I cannot tell by one semi-blurry picture. I thought it was unidentified.


Yes my frame of mind developes over continuous semi insulting posts directed at me. But I believe its just your personality. :)


Semi insulting? Do you care to quote some of these (in context) or is it more spin to continue an argument over some broken metal? I would drop it about the fragment before people really start to wonder about you... But maybe not, it appears to be your personality. :)
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
It may very well be junk. I cannot tell by one semi-blurry picture. I thought it was unidentified.


Yes my frame of mind developes over continuous semi insulting posts directed at me. But I believe its just your personality. :)


Semi insulting? Do you care to quote some of these (in context) or is it more spin to continue an argument over some broken metal? I would drop it about the fragment before people really start to wonder about you... But maybe not, it appears to be your personality. :)
I edited that out before anyone could see it but you just wont let it go. Like I said, I think its just your personality. And I apologize. I have no interest in any type of confrontation with you or any other member of TN. I am trying to be a better (nicer)person... :)

The law of averages dictates that you are probably correct about the fragment. It just seems like such a defeatist attitude for the What Is It forum. This is only an opinion, I am not trying to pick a battle.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
It may very well be junk. I cannot tell by one semi-blurry picture. I thought it was unidentified.


Yes my frame of mind developes over continuous semi insulting posts directed at me. But I believe its just your personality. :)


Semi insulting? Do you care to quote some of these (in context) or is it more spin to continue an argument over some broken metal? I would drop it about the fragment before people really start to wonder about you... But maybe not, it appears to be your personality. :)
I edited that out before anyone could see it but you just wont let it go. Like I said, I think its just your personality. And I apologize. I have no interest in any type of confrontation with you or any other member of TN. I am trying to be a better (nicer)person... :)

The law of averages dictates that you are probably correct about the fragment. It just seems like such a defeatist attitude for the What Is It forum. This is only an opinion, I am not trying to pick a battle.


Trust me, I was ready to let this one go a long time ago and was not aware of any prior issues. But perhaps that's because all this bounces off me fairly easy, maybe not so much for others who hang on to old forum differences of opinion.

If "defeatist" = truth, I'm ok with it.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Trust me, I was ready to let this one go a long time ago and was not aware of any prior issues. But perhaps that's because all this bounces off me fairly easy, maybe not so much for others who hang on to old forum differences of opinion.

If "defeatist" = truth, I'm ok with it.
I guess its in my personality to take a broken, possibly worthless fragment and attempt an identification. :read2: I hold onto the slim possibility that there are some interesting artifacts in the junk bucket. I understand these types of challenges do not interest you and thats all cool.

In this case even the original poster seems to have lost interest.

Letting comments bounce off of you is a great way to be and I will try to do the same. :icon_thumright:
I hope I havent just misquoted you. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Iron Patch said:
Trust me, I was ready to let this one go a long time ago and was not aware of any prior issues. But perhaps that's because all this bounces off me fairly easy, maybe not so much for others who hang on to old forum differences of opinion.

If "defeatist" = truth, I'm ok with it.
I guess its in my personality to take a broken, possibly worthless fragment and attempt an identification. :read2: I hold onto the slim possibility that there are some interesting artifacts in the junk bucket. I understand these types of challenges do not interest you and thats all cool.

Letting comments bounce off of you is a great way to be and I will try to do the same. :icon_thumright:
I hope I havent just misquoted you. :wink:


I guess you just made my point for me because the junk bucket is where I told him to put it. ;D (contrary to you posting that I said to give up, or toss it)

I had one for several years, but finally when I had a good enough handle on what was worth saving I went to a trash it, or display it system. I know first hand how all the odd ball things you dig the first while are tough to sort out, and why I said above he did the right thing by posting it.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Semi insulting? Do you care to quote some of these (in context) or is it more spin to continue an argument over some broken metal? I would drop it about the fragment before people really start to wonder about you... But maybe not, it appears to be your personality. :)
BTW Your semi insulting posts are right here in this thread but you apparently dont see them. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom