What's new

Today yeilds some of this and that!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Finally got out a while today!!! I found some of every thing. Well, not really, but still a wide range.

image-356024682.webp



image-379545811.webp



image-3944765306.webp



image-32720679.webp



image-3188263956.webp



image-659933383.webp



image-3381490796.webp



image-3662435239.webp



image-1484805287.webp



image-3906251080.webp



image-910995421.webp

And some hoes and spades!

image-776227743.webp



image-3907684602.webp



image-2786942401.webp



image-1960793701.webp



image-1960793701.webp



image-2450969900.webp



image-2264002506.webp



image-2511489764.webp

And one cool Mano! Look how smooth the one side is. Slick as ice, and the other fits in hand perfect.

image-1741038353.webp



image-2848283611.webp



image-2136346051.webp

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm to tired to type a bunch of stuff that no one even cares to know tonight. Lol! Thanks for the view!
 
Upvote 0
Glad you got out! Those from fields? Lake? River? Guessing some water or another from the stain on a few of them. Nice finds.

Getting ready to go out this morning, raining a little down here but heading up your way.
 
You got some good scrapers in that mix and a nice point. Mano I do believe. Hoes IDK not my area. I havent been out in a while myself. Was not going to rain according to the weather person but I guess they were wrong.
 
Love those first two tools. The steep beveling on the first piece is filthy.
 
I agree.. nice finds NC
 
Dang you tore it up. :notworthy: Love the tools and agree that beveling on the first few pieces is killer. Nice looking artifacts. Good days hunt.
HH
 
I really dig them manos :icon_thumright: good day
 
dlos said:
Glad you got out! Those from fields? Lake? River? Guessing some water or another from the stain on a few of them. Nice finds.

Getting ready to go out this morning, raining a little down here but heading up your way.

They are river and lake finds!
 
Thanks everyone! I enjoyed finding them. Now I have a cold to fight! Lol
 
tomclark said:
Love those first two tools. The steep beveling on the first piece is filthy.

Those are my favorite pieces from this hunt. I also like the large flake. I couldn't get a pic to do it justice. Thanks for the compliment Tom!
 
NC in pictures #7 & #8 what is the type of stone used. very nice selection :) KAT
 
I'd guess lake/river stained rhyolite. Could be grean or black rhyolite. The darker rust/brown-ish, and even some black streaking is from the water.
 
katdancing said:
NC in pictures #7 & #8 what is the type of stone used. very nice selection :) KAT

You know, I'm not sure. Lol! It's a large flake tool with great working for this type of tool. However, with the river patina being so thick on it, I can't tell what it is made of. The green color that you see is where it is stained by moss. I'm not sure how much of the patina I can clean off before I ruin my artifact. Thank you for asking, and I really wish I could provide some rational answer for you. I'll look at it again. If I can figure it out, I'll post it.
 
dlos said:
I'd guess lake/river stained rhyolite. Could be grean or black rhyolite. The darker rust/brown-ish, and even some black streaking is from the water.

You are probably correct, rhyolite is typically what we find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom