What's new

Todays finds

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do u guys think
 

Attachments

  • image-1363167334.webp
    image-1363167334.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 200
  • image-2917209030.webp
    image-2917209030.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image-1829625210.webp
    image-1829625210.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
I'm still new to this I don't know exactly the knife is a uniface
 
I'm pretty sure it's pressure flaked but not 100%
 
That last one looks good. The pic is kinda blurry but it looks to show some flaking in the edges. Has nice color. Focus on that type of work on the types you find. Take everything back in the first pic for as far as I can see thank the rock gods for a great day and then leave them. HH,rock
 
Thanks think I may have found a pipe today
 
I may have a geofact instead of a pipe
 
I like the last one. Have many that look like the first pic. I add them to my ever growing possibility pile :)
 
Geofact/pipe pic?? Just for the fun of it? Yak ;)
 
Ill send it after lunch plus some of my finds on my trip this morning lol. I like the pile I see all keepers humans have been using rocks for a long time there are so many that have been used
 
Here's the pipe if it didn't fit so well to the hand and mouth I wouldn't of thought about it lol guess ill fire it up and try it lol
 

Attachments

  • image-576079672.webp
    image-576079672.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2705495803.webp
    image-2705495803.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2639347535.webp
    image-2639347535.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 120
  • image-602183203.webp
    image-602183203.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 135
  • image-4176953415.webp
    image-4176953415.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1166331580.webp
    image-1166331580.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 128
are you finding these all in the same place?
 
Yes all on my 200 acres and 4 creeks lol
 
Apparently this area was mutual hunting and holy grounds for lots of different tribes it seems as if all the rocks have been messed with
 
and these are all surface finds too right?
 
Dry creek bed had a big flood found lots of fire cracked rocks my guess is they washed out of the banks creek is always dry except when we get heavy rain fall
 
hey hey painter' welcome to the tnet

regarding the last set of the six images:
images #4 and #5 look to me like they are unfinished knives i can see all the percussion flaking but very little secondary flaking..............
................they are good finds and great indications that you have an area with promise

as far as the piece you call a 'pipe' in images #, #2, #4, it is only a rock......
.....if you find a pipe you will know it
remember that ancient natives were highly skilled at all types of tool making and the making of ornaments, game pieces, etc

try to avoid turning and object in the hand until it 'feels right'..........it is not a way to determine if something is an artifact

i mean only help here and no disrespect.......
......i have feeling that with a bit more persistence you are gonna come up with some cool stuff

thanks for posting

larson1951
 
Alot of that looks like quarry blanks and roughed out pieces that will receive notches,stems final shaping later.
alot of flakes removed to clear it of cortex and a little shaping.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom