What's new

todays hurricane Sandy finds

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather didn't really start to deteriorate until later on today. Sooo.. I only got rain whipped for about an hour..ha ha.. by then I was cold and had had enough. Overall I had a very good day. Points aren't everywhere here but there's a lot of interesting things in between.

ForumRunner_20121025_190441.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_190747.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_190933.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_191058.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's a shame that pottery pendant was broken. this is what they look like whole

tickgorgets009.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_191839.webp

Nice piece of material there. I'm looking forward to finding something made from it.

ForumRunner_20121025_192112.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_192304.webp

I had to throw that 3 ringer in there.
 
I wish.. I found one broken one.

ForumRunner_20121025_193842.webp
 
Nice finds. Quality flint, pottery pendants and minie-balls on the same site, must be nice. Thanks for the view.
 
Also found this interesting thing. Looks like an unfinished plummet.

ForumRunner_20121025_194100.webp
 
I love this site. Oh...worked glass and trade pipe pieces too. Thanks Viking.

ForumRunner_20121025_194323.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_194450.webp
 
Last edited:
A great day in the sand.
 
Man! You have found a small mine!! I would not let any one know about that spot, and I'm the type that lets people hunt my farm when ever they want. I figure I can't find all of it on my own. I'd rather someone find it than let it settle again. But, my spot isn't quite that hot!! Nice Gator! Nice!!
 
Killer stuff man!! Dare I say even better tomorrow??
 
Check this out!!! 1 fit then the next then the next..haha holy crap!
Thank you for the replies everyone!
ForumRunner_20121025_223556.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_223039.webp



ForumRunner_20121025_223333.webp
 
Wow awesome finds. Congrats on the pottery!!!!
 
Thanks Glenn
 
I can hardly wait to see what you find and post tomorrow with the storm passing. BTW, if you put that pot back together, you need to change your screen name to PuzzleBoy. :laughing7: Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Haha.. you did say puzzle...right?
 
GatorBoy, I've got to give you this, Your off to a good start of having a great display piece and story. :icon_thumright: I'd be up at day break and re-hunting that place for more shards. Again, good luck and I would like to see a success story.
 
gotta get out there early boom~!:icon_thumleft:
 
SOHIO said:
Don't do it GATORBOY!

Hey stranger..look everyone its my Dad! I think I'm letting mother nature have the day to herself tomorrow. The next day for sure.
 
Last edited:
That's AWESOME gator! I ran into the same exact thing a couple years back- unusually large and freshly-broken/ragged edges-- and one piece leading to another. V. exciting! And it is definatly a puzzle. Just found another piece 2 weeks ago- after all that time- so go back soon and check often!
Looks like I might get hit hard by Sandy. We seem to be right in the path of landfall...Kinda good, kinda bad.
Good luck finding more- and I hope the storm doesn't hit too hard on you-
Happy Hunting!
Yak
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom