Treasure Clue, can you help?

Lucidious

Mar 14, 2005
By no means am I quitting. There is just no way for me to take the travel time in the near future.

One things for sure. I can't wait to pick at Booger. ;)

No intentional red herrings was a red herring, the intent is not relevant.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Peggy , thanks for the site . I've been trying to find whetre the solve was. A few more hairpullers and i would've solved it . LOL

Lucid , glad to hear it . I can't wait for booger either .

Anyone have suggestions for the new game on how we can set up the new forum . Lets put them down and see what Jeff or Marc will let us do .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU's Have ALL been AWSOME.
VERY WELL BEHAVED.

However :

This is MARCs Forum.

? ? ?BUT, ? I'm shure he'll be Receptive to anything within Reason.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? BEST of LUCK to all.

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HERE, For a LONG TIME 8)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Attachments

• expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,057
  • expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,052
T

Trapape

Thanks Hopperr for the link.? Did you know that it has been so long since I have signed in over at tweleve that I am no longer in there system?? I didn't realize that I had been ignoring them for that long!

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
Yes, Thanks Hoppper! Here is the actual solve in case you do not want to read through all the posts to get to it:

"The solution is

BADLANDSWROVRLK

use the woodgrains only, except the beetle one.

Must use a 3-D perspective to see the woodgrains as a set of 5 patterns. (Column, Row) pairing.
Vert=1, Hor =2, Right Knothole = 3, Left Knothole =4, Center Knothole =5.

Simple enough.

I am SOOOOOO exhausted. Mark and I are on different time zones and neither of us has slept much since Sun morning. Thanks to Carolyn!!

-David"

Trapape,
I did get the story on the Menagerie site. I missed it the first couple times as well. The 1.2.and 3 in the circles at the bottom of the page are the page links. Click on them and then it brings up the ppicture. You have to scroll down to see the story. Right click on the picture, (not the background) and save it to your desktop or documents and you can then print it. Same with the story. Even so, it is still a little blurry to me. Good luck!

Lucid, I'm sorry about the token not being there, but I'm glad you had a good safe trip. I'm really glad to hear you are not giving up on the solve end. I have a theory about finding Pook. A lot of misspellings in the solutions, and even a few extra letters, (like in the dragonfly). Maybe these are all used to anagram the local for Pook?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Jeff , Thanks for the site to let us try and work things out .

Salkns , that's a great idea on the extra letters . They are there for a reason , well maybe not . I just don't understand the NO RED HERRING thing at all . Maybe our idea on no REDHERRINGS differs from the authors . Ah well it's been a fun ride .

To all still present , I wrote MS on grtting advanced copies on order a few days back and haven't heard yet . I also wrote him to ask if all these so called things we have found in the book that had no bearing on solving the puzzle would be in the follow up book , and all that was told to me was there is going to be a book put out with the answers . So i guess we'll see then . I almost hate to waste another dollar on this book , but i will . Just to see.........................

T

Trapape

Salkns- thanks for posting the info for the beetle onto this website. I am not at all interested in resigning up with the 'other' website. I will have to go back to the menagerie website and check out the numbers that I somehow missed. I was able to save the picture and now am using it as a screen saver so that everytime I see it I say huh? LOL

Cumsht-Can't wait to hear about his answer on the advanced copies. And remember that all of your money you keep spending for his books is going directly to a charity. That should help you spend that extra dollar. :)

Tracie

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , I know is was only thinking about all the books i've went through already . Just hoping he puts all the oddball things everyone has found in it , just so we know we weren't going crazy and what we saw was what it was . Talk to you later , carol

T

Trapape

I would hope so but your right, nothing has been said. I guess we will have to wait and see.

D

Dkos2

hey is anyone even tryin pook i have know clue on anywhere to start with him but i think the solution for some reason will be alittle bit easier (might be wrong just and urge) and it figures i had the idea on how to solve the beetle just thought it was way to complex and got nothin just when im startin to figure this stuff out its all over well whatever cant wait till the next book ill be here and hope that everyone else will too. DKOS

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Dykos2 ,

Not really sure on pook myself , but thinking that he could be a few pages or another popular thought was he is in the text . I know it ain't much help . Carol

C

cegodsey

On my way to pick up the Q-amulet in South Tennessee (s ten-a-ce), I had a little accident. Sideswiped by a semi.

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,994
  • oops2.jpg
    oops2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,981

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOOH !

? NOT GOOD !

? ? ? ? ? ? At least yous are All Right ?

? ?Cars can be Replaced.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Take Care !

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?J E F F

Attachments

• ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,908
  • ex-sov.jpg
    ex-sov.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,906
C

cegodsey

The REAL truth is that it was my wife's car, and she had just dropped off my daughter at day camp. She's OK - just a shoulder injury. She's monitoring her situation (she's a nurse), and will go to the ER if the pain gets worse. What happened was that she had just gotten a cup of coffee at the Shell Superstop, drove down the exit to the street, and was waiting for traffic to clear. The other side of the exit is being excavated for a mall. A semi pulling a flatbed trailer had unloaded its equipment, and figured it was a good time to leave, so took off down the exit, passed my wife's car on the left, and then turned right - cutting her off. The trailer caught the side of her car. I got pictures, including the skid marks. My wife didn't think it was safe enough to pull out into traffic, but apparently the truck driver did! All I can figure is that he thought she had pulled out, and didn't look to make sure. Trying to beat the oncoming traffic, he exited as fast as he could, and, smash! He didn't pull over until he was several hundred feet down the road.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Ernie ,

Hope your wife is all right . It pays to bring the camera . Hope she recovers well and you are taken care of by the truck company as well. Take care , carol

patchythepirate

Mar 8, 2005
Well, so much has happend since I've been on here, I'm happy to see tokens being found. I've done all the looking I'm going to do this time around. Between births and deaths I've gotten sidetracked. Mom passed in April and I became a Grandma at age 36 in June. Anyhow, if anyone wants to try where I've been looking it's a fabulous place just to visit.
I made my 4th and last hunting trip there a couple weeks ago. I'll go back but not to look for treasure, probably next spring. So, I may be wrong but if any of you want to look for the bee I've been looking in Hocking Hills Ohio the State Park..Old Man's Cave. I hope someone finds it my reward will be some karmic payback somewhere down the road I'm sure (if I'm right). I made several trips but it's kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack once you get there, so you really have to know what you are looking for. The kids and I had a great time looking and I took my Dad this last time. He enjoyed it as well. I'm finished with this book and hunt due to all of the personal circumstances in my life. My family and I are looking forward to the next book and hoping it will be just as addictive. Good luck, I hope this is helpful to those of you who are still looking.
Patchy

T

Trapape

Patchy,

Sorry to hear about your mother dying. It's amazing how fast life changes from the everyday normal routine. Hope that the family is doing better. In case you haven't had a chance to read through all of these LONG pages there is going to be another hunt next Sept. hope that you join in that hunt.

Ernie,

Wow! From the looks of those pictures I would say that your wife was very lucky. It's a good thing that you weren't on a hunt. I would hate to hear that she blame an accident on your obsession with obtaining a token. LOL Anyways, take care of your family and keep us posted.

Tracie

H

hoppperr

My Goodness Everyone! I just found out the other day that my Mom has a cancerous growth on her nose that needs to be removed. Then, my daughter found out this evening that one of her best friends from high school lost his niece to a drug overdose Sunday night. It's a blessing nobody got hurt in Kim's (Ernie's wife's) accident. Yikes. What is going on?! So sorry about your loss, Patchy.

Let's all think good thoughts and change the karma back to positive!

Peggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread