What's new

TV NISSAN Ad .... Do You see what I see ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,905
Reaction score
76,364
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 031.webp
 
Jeff,Recon they still work for advertisment????????????? God Bless HH Chris
 
I Just sent them this Email

Just Saw your TV add on WHTM. Approxamately 6:15 PM Sunday.
ROGUE S ALL WHELL DRIVE ?
Should say ALL WHEEL DRIVE lol
Someone Can't Spell.

Since I Am Broke,
I Think You should Send me a free
Rogue for Catching this. HaHa


If they Respond,
I'm going to bring up their Ending sentence.

"Where we Refuse to Loose a Deal over Price ! "

& offer them $1.00 :laughing7:
 
jeff of pa said:
I Just sent them this Email

Just Saw your TV add on WHTM. Approxamately 6:15 PM Sunday.
ROGUE S ALL WHELL DRIVE ?
Should say ALL WHEEL DRIVE lol
Someone Can't Spell.

Since I Am Broke,
I Think You should Send me a free
Rogue for Catching this. HaHa


If they Respond,
I'm going to bring up their Ending sentence.

"Where we Refuse to Loose a Deal over Price ! "

& offer them $1.00 :laughing7:


I would have just sent them the picture and said... "Can't people at Nissan Speel?" :laughing7:
 
Iron Patch said:
jeff of pa said:
I Just sent them this Email

Just Saw your TV add on WHTM. Approxamately 6:15 PM Sunday.
ROGUE S ALL WHELL DRIVE ?
Should say ALL WHEEL DRIVE lol
Someone Can't Spell.

Since I Am Broke,
I Think You should Send me a free
Rogue for Catching this. HaHa


If they Respond,
I'm going to bring up their Ending sentence.

"Where we Refuse to Loose a Deal over Price ! "

& offer them $1.00 :laughing7:


I would have just sent them the picture and said... "Can't people at Nissan Speel?" :laughing7:

No EMail address

You Have to Use Their
(Contact Us) Link
 
Is it a "Rogue" model "S" car? :dontknow:
So many cars now days use letters to denote different versions of the same model...

Best,
Scott
 
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Many times this is done for the psychological shock effect. You will now remember that add until you die.

Don Jose de La Mancha

My guess, it was an Error,
But they decided it will Catch Peoples attention :laughing7:

I Must admit it Worked if this was their Thought.

The commercial is just a lame ad.

I Just happend to Glance up & See WHELL
at the anouncer said "4 Wheel drive" & Hit the Brakes
Rewound & Checked to see if My Eyes & Brain
were in Sinc :D

Don't know how long the Rogue S was out,
But I Never heard of a NISSAN ROGUE
Till I Saw the error.

I Have "Heard" Commercials By this Particular dealer
though.
 
Proper spelling and proper English are a thing of the past.

Even though most programs have spell-check, most of the supposed "professionals" don't seem to know how to use it. (proof-reader?)

Even the evening news has spelling mistakes - regularly. It's really a disappointment. Something for the youngsters to aspire to. NOT!

I can see a mistake once in awhile, but it is a constant thing in television and newspapers.


Beth
 
mrs.oroblanco said:
Proper spelling and proper English are a thing of the past.

Even though most programs have spell-check, most of the supposed "professionals" don't seem to know how to use it. (proof-reader?)

Even the evening news has spelling mistakes - regularly. It's really a disappointment. Something for the youngsters to aspire to. NOT!

I can see a mistake once in awhile, but it is a constant thing in television and newspapers.


Beth

What I Hate with News is how they Talk in Headlines

The News annoucer comes in & Says Somthing like
"Gas line Exploding in Philly Neighborhood" then when the report comes up
they Show it Happend 2 days ago :tongue3:
Don't they go to school For Proper sentence Structure ?

I Know, I'm no one to Talk, But I'm not on TV Either.

I want to hear them say

"A Gasline Exploded In Philly 2 Days ago"
then go to the Report
 
Jeff of Pa,

Yep - EXACTLY what I meant.

You know that old Pennsylvania joke "Throw the horse over the fence, a bale of hay"??

Sentence structure has gone to the dogs, too.

Beth
 
Too bad you can't contact the ad agency they used. Probably overseas. lol
 
Was I the only one looking for something naughty? :angel12:
 
Thinks that's bad, wait until your hearing goes bad and you have to use the captioning. I think most comes from overseas and a lot gets lost in the translation. Frank
 
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:Frankn :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, yes, yes.

Our friends seem to time their phone calls to match one of the few programs we watch on a regular basis (like IRT), so we use the closed caption feature. Some of it is horrendous!! :laughing7:

Do they know how to use punctuation?

Beth
 
Beth: they only heard about punctuation through Victor Borge, the same guy who gave us "Inflationary Language".

I liked Borge better, though.

As a proof-reader for a major West Coast newspaper, I routinely caught typhos such as "This coupon good for $100 off the car of your choice." There was no limit to the number of coupons you could redeem. Someone bought 100 copies of the paper, got 100 coupons, and bought the car for the price of 100 copies of the paper.

Worse was the poor punctuation in movie ads. I had a fit when a so-called family newspaper printed ads for "40 Year-Old Virgin". I attempted to explain that there was only one thing this suggested, and that there are few year-old non-virgins. I was informed "the advertiser is always right." Still sounded like child-abuse to me.
 
WOW!

Victor Borge - haven't heard THAT name in awhile. I remember that "routine" - Phonetic Punctuation, period.

Then comma, when I went to the store comma, I saw the light change period. I saw someone getting ready to cross period. I yelled at them, exclamation point. Hey comma exclamation point I said comma wait for the light to turn green again period.


:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Good memories period end of sentence

Beth
 
Thet aint how ye spel " wheel " :laughing7:........NGE
 
I hate mispronunciation of the English language, werds in particular examples.......newspeople saying...we will see you at Aleven, He was in Ammediate danger, saying and printing the werd your, instead of you're. My gawd do these people NOT have a Hi skool edumacation?.........NGE
 
notgittinenny said:
I hate mispronunciation of the English language, werds in particular examples.......newspeople saying...we will see you at Aleven, He was in Ammediate danger, saying and printing the werd your, instead of you're. My gawd do these people NOT have a Hi skool edumacation?.........NGE

Dosn't bother Me unless the Person Misspelling
or mispronuncing, is considerd more Educated then Me.
Especially by themseves :tongue3:
IF they consider us Equals, They can talk & spell
like They just leaned how for all I Care. :wink:

In other words, If they feel they are Better then me,
& get Paid Because of it, They better Prove they are
to earn my respect. not "Act", "Prove"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom