UNBELIEVEABLE New Mexico Phone Call

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

So I am calling around some (New Mexico) City and State Government Offices trying to find some old case files. I was on the phone with a lady named Debbie at the Clerk of Courts Office for Sierra County (Truth or Consequences). She was very pleasant and helpful, but the thing that hit me was at the end of the call.

SHE WISHED ME:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I almost fell out of my chair! A government employee wishing someone MERRY CHRISTMAS. I wished her a Merry Christmas back, and hung up thinking maybe there was hope in the world! HAHAHA I live in California, where Governor Moonbeam would have any government employee impaled for saying such sacrilege!

Just wanted to share,

Mike

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet she's near retirement

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gollum,

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year back at you.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet she's near retirement

She did say she had worked there for something like 30 years. HAHAHA

.........and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well Bill from Lachine! ............and if you don't celebrate Christmas, then HAPPY CHRISCHANUROBONIKWANZAA! (Christmas, Chunukah, Robonica, and Kwanzaa) :laughing7:

Mike

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT! :o No Festivus wishes? :laughing7: :cat:

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Jerry Stiller and Ann Meara, from waaayyyyy back.

Down here I cover with Happy Holidays. I have a lot of Hanukkah friends. My friends know I'm a Christmas girl.
It's all good..... 8-)

Happy Holidays to all ya'll, too! :hello:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
As a Pastafarian I can only wish you a Happy Holiday. (sincerely of course)

S

stefen

L'Chaim...

And I have a lot of Christmas friends too..(and know several xxxxx people :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay,

So I am calling around some (New Mexico) City and State Government Offices trying to find some old case files. I was on the phone with a lady named Debbie at the Clerk of Courts Office for Sierra County (Truth or Consequences). She was very pleasant and helpful, but the thing that hit me was at the end of the call.

SHE WISHED ME:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I almost fell out of my chair! A government employee wishing someone MERRY CHRISTMAS. I wished her a Merry Christmas back, and hung up thinking maybe there was hope in the world! HAHAHA I live in California, where Governor Moonbeam would have any government employee impaled for saying such sacrilege!

Just wanted to share,

Mike

Good one. It probably happened because New Mexico officials tend to ignore most rules. It shows: The Best and Worst Run States in America: A Survey of All 50 - 24/7 Wall St. And, of course, as a T or C resident admitted to me last year when I mentioned the "odd" feeling of the place and people there, "Well, we're all a little quirky here."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread