What's new

Unknown

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was wondering if any one might know what the copper silver plated object is or what it may have been used for. And also the approximate date of the shield horse furniture.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 324
That's a strange one! Is there any way the two plates lock together? It doesn't look like it in the pic :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure its gonna be a dress or sash buckle. In the second pic you can see a spot on the left piece where a tab most likely broke off, and in the last pic you can see on the back of the "square jeweled" part where the hook to go over that tab would have been. You can also see where the tabs to hook to the dress or sash were at the edges. Neat find. Mid to late 1800's maybe. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
I'm pretty sure its gonna be a dress or sash buckle. In the second pic you can see a spot on the left piece where a tab most likely broke off, and in the last pic you can see on the back of the "square jeweled" part where the hook to go over that tab would have been. You can also see where the tabs to hook to the dress or sash were at the edges. Neat find. Mid to late 1800's maybe. :dontknow:
And a very nice one at that :notworthy:

The Hart shaped Harness mount looks 16c onwards :read2: nice to, the fixing mounts look real sturdy and are different to the fixing mounts on the same ones we find here :dontknow:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=16845&cat=169

SS
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking sash buckle too :dontknow:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
I like the harness boss shield :icon_thumright: How many do you have of those now Mike?
 
Upvote 0
A couple Kenn. I forget. lol We gave a lot of this stuff to the kids this year. The ones that really seemed interested in history. I made sure when the parents came to pick them up that they would display them safely so they wouldn't get lost. :)
 
Upvote 0
Nice move Mike :icon_thumright:

Just a hunch but I think that particular style harness boss is slightly prior CW era.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom