USPS Box Issue, Looking for some input.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go to your shipping calculator, search a package weighing up to 15 pounds. Make sure it is a package, not a large package. Then, put in a state, 4 or 5 states away from you. For me, I can ship a 5 pound box, as long as it fits in the small regional rate a box to 5 or 6 states away for $5.45 or around there. If the state is far away, it will normally be the same rate as regular priority, however, it has saved me lots of money.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I ship with eBay labels. So if I have something that fits in a med Flat rate and a regional B just look to see what is cheaper. For instance from SJ to upper NY State around $ 5.50 for an A versus FR Med that is $10.00.

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't taken the time to read all 4 pages of this post. Just figured I'd suggest to you what I have done in the past. K-mart has a pretty good selection of boxes. They charge about 1.20 a piece.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you are having issues..as a student trying to get by I know how frustrating this is, So...I am a USPS rural mail carrier, and it is really hard to keep up with all the changes that USPS has implemented recently. Heck, EVEN i have trouble, seems we are the last ones told (WEIRD chain of command..) but yes-you ran into a stickler for regulations...sorry to hear that..because if that package from Wherever, USA made it to my cart...its getting delivered!! I see NO POINT in sending something back when it is that close to its destination. We are creatures of habit, make the necessary changes and all will be good in the universe! Good luck hope everything is worked out, post is a few days old...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread