Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Cheyenne Indian has a name and an alias. I was a partner with him for a couple of years. Yes he told me many times of the story how he got interested out in New Mexico. But that is all another story. Some of which I can not disclose.

That Cheyenne Indian heard about the Beale Treasure from his grandfather who owned property near where TJB and his party mined the gold. This is the story he told me. When TJB and his men left they told his ggg that they had left a lot of ore and gold in the mines and he could have it for being so generous in loaning them burros and such. Anyway his ggg said they he had been told that they had a large treasure in Virginia and they were going to add this with the other shipment. Ted Turner and his wife believed the story as told by the Cheyenne Indian's GGG that he bought up all of that land that the GGG had owned and one half of the property in Colorado and New Mexico. You can take that for what it is worth. But that is what the Cheyenne Indian told me. And a whole bunch of other tales. Some true and some ????????????

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
i am looking at before the book you are talking about came out. the real story is what this book was about...
There is NO book about the Beale treasure vault and the perilous adventure that preceded Ward's copyrighted 1885 Beale Papers.
That was created from several sources that have been discusses on this thread and others.
Reread the end comment on post #1601.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Cheyenne Indian has a name and an alias. I was a partner with him for a couple of years. Yes he told me many times of the story how he got interested out in New Mexico. But that is all another story. Some of which I can not disclose.

I looked at everything on your post here nothing about a Cheyenne Indian. But the only Cheyenne Indian searching for the Beale Treasure was my partner for a couple of years. If you know of another I would be interested in knowing him.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is NO book about the Beale treasure vault and the perilous adventure that preceded Ward's copyrighted 1885 Beale Papers.
That was created from several sources that have been discusses on this thread and others.
Reread the end comment on post #1601.

seems no one has been looking for the paperwork or the items left to morrifs from beale. what would personal effects be?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only personal effects left by Thomas J. Beale with Robert Morris (If the Story is true) would have been contained in the ironbox. And no one has produced the ironbox or it's contents. Rumor Pauline Innis had the ironbox where she recovered it in Roanoke, Va. by the directions of George Hart, a distant cousin to Pauline. Pauline died about eight years ago and no one has checked her estate for the ironbox. When I talked to Pauline Innis on the telephone and I talked with her several times and she even sent me Christmas Cards. But anyway I asked Pauline if all she and her husband Walter Innis got from the ironbox was the two pieces of small paper that looked like receipts. She said yes. Then I asked her are you sure that is all there was and she replied to give her a couple of days and she would check. Now if she was going to check that meant she still had the ironbox at the Watergate Hotel in Washington, D.C.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
seems no one has been looking for the paperwork or the items left to morrifs from beale. what would personal effects be?
The "unknown" author presented James Beverly Ward only with the finished manuscript, no iron box, no letters, no number covered sheets of paper.
In the Hart Papers, NO iron box is mentioned, yet George Hart directed Pauline Innis to the Otey family that had an iron box with a numbers covered torn slip of paper.
Makes the existence of "THE" iron box, highly suspect.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The only personal effects left by Thomas J. Beale with Robert Morris (If the Story is true) would have been contained in the ironbox. And no one has produced the ironbox or it's contents. Rumor Pauline Innis had the ironbox where she recovered it in Roanoke, Va. by the directions of George Hart, a distant cousin to Pauline...
Pauline Bertha Innis was born December 8, 1917 in South Devon, England, AND, IF she was a distant cousin of George Hart, it would have been VERY DISTANT.
She was a friend of Jeanne Dixon who wrote the forward to Innis's ASTRONUMEROLOGY book, and R Crane, another friend commented," She (Innis) often amused guests at Washington parties by telling them about their lives based on astronumerology She advised people about numbers and names."
One can easily deduce why she was attracted the Beale story version of the HART PAPERS.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The "unknown" author presented James Beverly Ward only with the finished manuscript, no iron box, no letters, no number covered sheets of paper.
In the Hart Papers, NO iron box is mentioned, yet George Hart directed Pauline Innis to the Otey family that had an iron box with a numbers covered torn slip of paper.
Makes the existence of "THE" iron box, highly suspect.

finished manuscript would have all the information that the author had? the beale papers do not contain everything that ever happened at the time. like, i went to bed at 8:00 pm and got up at 5:00 am the first day i was working on the papers. it's just a outline with some mentions for people that were helping get the story out there to the public to help locate the lost letter with the key.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is because it is not germane to further the plot of the dime novel as it draws in the "unwary" reader.
You may consider taking a literature course and learn about story, plot, and character development.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
James Beverly Ward applied for copyright with the title ONLY, on a borrowed letterhead from the company at which his son in worked.
It is very possible than when he applied for that copyright that the alleged "manuscript" was not totally completed, or that the handwritten manuscript would revel him as author and not the mysterious "unknown" author.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
finished manuscript would have all the information that the author had? ...
There is no outside collaborating evidence that this "unknown" author ever learned the story from Morris during the 2 nd year of the Confederate War or that he presented a finished manuscript to Ward to copyright as agent, or even if this "unknown" author as well as Thomas J Beale existed outside of the job pamphlet story.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nixon's plumbers got that iron box, the DNC break in was just a cover story. :icon_thumleft:

Ward brings to life a cypher sarcophagus,previously reputed to have laid to rest 23 years before becoming revealed. It capable of revealing splendor if deciphered.
Feel free to puzzle over " 23".
While at it ,compare the " vault" with its "treasure" to the iron box and unsolvable by mortals cyphers; to there being two stories of creation in " the Christian book" having similar numbers of what seem to be the same rivers ,but different names ,and maybe locations.

Making the story relate able to the readers ,in an almost tangible manner by using know geography goes far in acceptance of what is being offered.
Ciphers aside ,hey, we know where Beaufords is. Here's my coins ,gimmie one of them " books"!

Competition as strong a motivator as the hope of an undeserved windfall.
Doing right by any potential party members families most likely may have been the farthest thing from pamphlet buyers minds. Leaving Ward a profiteer due to his presentation and approach to "tossing up his hands" ,so to speak.
Had he sought the greatest minds of the time regarding decoding first ,he might have been " exhausted" in trying to solve the balance of papers/cyphers.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Competition as strong a motivator as the hope of an undeserved windfall.
Doing right by any potential party members families most likely may have been the farthest thing from pamphlet buyers minds. Leaving Ward a profiteer due to his presentation and approach to "tossing up his hands" ,so to speak...
...and when called out by the descendants of Witcher, Coles, and Clay for the use of their family name in the dime novel pamphlet, the remaining unsold copies were burned in a stove.
...and so the treasure legend begins and grows...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
...and when called out by the descendants of Witcher, Coles, and Clay for the use of their family name in the dime novel pamphlet, the remaining unsold copies were burned in a stove.
...and so the treasure legend begins and grows...

Worse...a map less treasure!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What gets me the most ,(and no offense to those working on a solve ,or a backstory ) is the hunting party.
IF I were a party member with after a couple trips a cut worth near a million dollars in the eighteen hundreds( one paper alleged to be member distributions)
the odds of me risking discovery or worse in making yet another trip west would be very slim.
Maybe if somehow the share was gone through somehow without causing suspicion,but that would not have been easy in any area I was known before acquiring mysterious wealth.
The fear of the cache out west being discovered then would be lessened by having enough greed well tempered.

A more noble enterprise than hunting involved would entail financial or military backing enough to not go un noticed. Yet remains un known.
Could rich folks travel west to hunt? Certainly. They have. Even from other countries. Most noticed due to " cadillac" safari mentalities.
The novelty of beans and bread and venison wore thin fast. A life of luxury stands out ;even beyond the parlor.
Still ...give me a parlor and my cut of the alleged haul.......No third trip for me. If even a second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions