What's new

welding?

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this piece of metal which is like the 20 or so pieces I've been finding. only this one looks like it has been welded. the sit dates back to 1790s I don't think they were welding that early?
 

Attachments

  • scan0007.webp
    scan0007.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 406
We have been welding for over 2000 years.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know about welding but I know they were brazing for as long as the forge was thought of to get the temps high enough to melt some metals. Monty
 
Upvote 0
That's a coprolite - - fossilized dinosaur doo-doo.
Although I'm not too sure about the dinosaur part.
OR the fossilized part either, for that matter. . . :D
 
Upvote 0
looks like something from a forge..
Welding as Cru said has been around for a long long time

Whats up with you uncle vinny? if you have some info to relate to this say it otherwise...

J2
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, a rather pathetic attempt to be funny.

Actually, my best guess is a fire of some kind.
I have found sites of car and house fires, and I've seen that
partial melting that looks apparent in your photo.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom