What's new

What do you do with your "keepers"?

coincrawlin

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
354
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you do with your "keepers"?

All my 40%ers just get thrown in a box...not sure yet if I will keep them or sell eventually. Since I don't intend to sell my 90%ers, I am putting them in a presentation album (see pic).

Just curious what everybody else does.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1426.webp
    DSCN1426.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

All my 90s go in Whitman Books or Whitman Plastic tubes I have one for Each Walkers(1) BENS(9) AND 64s(7) If my book already has that year i put it in tubes.. My 40s go in flips cut in half and stapled shut & put into stacks by year then rubberbanned

HH
 

Attachments

  • Clearing Camera 144.webp
    Clearing Camera 144.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 461
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Cool pics. :thumbsup:
I haven't gotten enough to worry about "what to do with keepers" >:(
What few I have gotten either go in my albums or, if duplicates, cardboard flips.

HH,
Legend
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

They are mostly kept in tubes in safety deposit box, nicer ones go in cardboard flips. I used to keep them in albums until I learned they have a tendency to tarnish coins

HH
-GC
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Just sold most of my 40% to ampex for .999 American Silver Eagles. My 90% I am keeping and I place them in rolls marked 90% silver according to Kennedy's, Ben's, WL's. I also just finished a roll of silver rossie's this year.
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Nice ones or dates I don't have, I may put them in cardboard flips. Otherwise, duplicates I just put tby.hem all together into sandwich bags. I got a couple of sandwich bags of $100 face value in 40%ers that I've accumulated over 10 years of doing this hobby.
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Safe-deposit box at the bank for the bulk 90%. Key dates and collectibles in 2X2's. I don't keep much at home because I don't own a safe.
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Cadillacpits said:
All my 90s go in Whitman Books or Whitman Plastic tubes I have one for Each Walkers(1) BENS(9) AND 64s(7) If my book already has that year i put it in tubes.. My 40s go in flips cut in half and stapled shut & put into stacks by year then rubberbanned

HH

I used to put my coins in the Whitman books, but seems like I always had one or two that didn't want to stay in there, and you can't see the reverse side of the coin. Is that a commemorative I see in your pic?
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

Turned 27 forty's into 90 today at the coin show in Gallatin, TN.

When I find a 90%'er, I'll let you know what I do with it ;D
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

i put them in my album, (just completed it the other day tho), and all duplicates get thrown in those clear plastic tubes w/ screw on caps, and sometimes im too lazy and dont have time to go to the coin store to buy more of the tubes, so i just roll them in the flat paper wrappers from the bank, and mark the "40%/90% silver". keep it up and hh!
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

I trade 40% for eagles and keep 90% in a wooden cigar box
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

I'd like to have a thread that says "show us your stash". Although, I probably don't want to volunteer and give people any bad thoughts and ideas but it would be cool to see everyone's stash of they've accumulated over years. Except I don't want to show mine. I sound hypocritical about this.. I know.

Another thought is that with the prices of Ag going up, there's no real point in trading 40%ers for 90%ers. If the 40%er is worth a lot more now based on the price of Ag, why even trade it for 90%er?
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

SFBayArea said:
I'd like to have a thread that says "show us your stash". Although, I probably don't want to volunteer and give people any bad thoughts and ideas but it would be cool to see everyone's stash of they've accumulated over years. Except I don't want to show mine. I sound hypocritical about this.. I know.

Another thought is that with the prices of Ag going up, there's no real point in trading 40%ers for 90%ers. If the 40%er is worth a lot more now based on the price of Ag, why even trade it for 90%er?
90% takes up a lot less space in the safe-deposit box.
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

coincrawlin said:
All my 40%ers just get thrown in a box...not sure yet if I will keep them or sell eventually. Since I don't intend to sell my 90%ers, I am putting them in a presentation album (see pic).

Just curious what everybody else does.

Haha...Thats Exaclty what my book looks like too..Its hard for me to part with any of them
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

All mine turn into Eagles, Englehard and Maple rounds.
 
Re: What do you do with your "keepers"?

engine 823 said:
Just sold most of my 40% to ampex for .999 American Silver Eagles. My 90% I am keeping and I place them in rolls marked 90% silver according to Kennedy's, Ben's, WL's. I also just finished a roll of silver rossie's this year.

How do you trade your 40%s for the Silver Dollars? I noticed they have "culls" but for .50 per coin more they come in BU. Is there any reason to get one condition over the other?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom