What's new

WHAT DO YOU DO,

mlhudson

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
WELL I JUST GOT LAID OFF FROM WORK THIS MORNING ???, AFTER 7 YEARS.
SAID BECAUSE OF THE ECONEMY :icon_scratch:, SOME CUT HAVE TO TAKE PLACE, ME BEING ONE OF THEM.. :'( I GUESS IT'S NOT SO BAD, HAVE TIME TO DETECT I GUESS, ;D
DRAW MY PENNIES FROM THE STATE.. :headbang: LOL.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO, IF YOU HAD THE TIME OFF WORK TO DETECT ??? :thumbsup:

TELL US WHAT YOU WOULD DO ???
 
start looking for another 1 its bad out here. Yes i said here. good luck :thumbsup:
 
Well first I'd disable caps lock... ;D

Then I'd probably be looking for a new job and detecting in my spare time. :)
 
after 9 1/2 years i lost my job to outsourcing.the job situation is not good right now
 
If I could afford it, I'd hit the beach every day while I was drawing my unemployment and look for a job in between hunts. Of course, I can't afford to do that so I guess I would be out looking for work and I agree about the caps lock, it's hard to read all cap letters.
 
I teach behavior problem middle school kids. It's kinda like metal detecting. I'm always trying to find something good underneath the hard surface. Good job security, no one wants my job.
 
Well considering the ground is frozen here, I would be getting my resume done up and hit the streets and papers for jobs.
 
Wake up tomorrow and go beeping. Take stock and inventory of your values and what you have to offer someone who will be viewing your resume. Just started back to work last night after a injury time out. Man is it busy and the place where I work is a good marker point for the economy.

The sky isn't falling and there are opportunities for you to work somewhere else or even do what so many find too hard but what others seem to excel at, putting your own name on your own paycheck. Whatever else you do, go md'ing and feed your soul through the coil on the soil!

Best wishes and happy hunting!
 
Lowbatts,

"Whatever else you do, go md'ing and feed your
soul through the coil on the soil!"

:thumbsup: ;D
 
Lost my job of 20 years to a knee operation gone bad 3+ years ago, now a stay-at-home Dad. Spend most of my
time chasing a three year old around the house, cleaning (not near as well as my wife), doing wash (separate whites from colors...why?) and keeping the older kids in a perpetual state of grounding. :wink:

Not much spare time but when I do get some, I hit those back-forty dump sites or just find a quiet place in the woods to "relax". :thumbsup:
 
i just got a notice in the mail that i will be geting layed off March 15 if we dont get any more work along with 199 others, atleast it will be closer to detecting time around here
 
Spent last evening working on the resume for the kid before going off to work. She got laid off from the boat (casino) here in town after 8 years. It was her first job out of high school so she's pretty destroyed. In that time she's gotten a pharmacy tech certificate and done some business classes at the local community college but has never had to job hunt so she's feeling lost in them woods.

Had to give her the old know-how. You are going to an interview and the only way to frame it mentally is like your selling rain to flowers. They need you more than you need them, think that way, believe it and demonstrate your ability to fill their need.
 
:( I an sorry to hear you Got Lay off after 7 year ! People Don't Give a Dan. I Lost My Job in 2007, and I an still Don't have a Job.. I was let go 2-weeks befor (Chrismas) with my Wife in the (Hospital) ! My so call Boss Has no sole.But I have alot of Time on my Hand to do some Detecting. I Hope you find New Job soon. Coin Hunter >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( ::) ::) ::) ::)
 
I got laid off just yesterday, after 3 years with this company. Maybe I should have seen the writing on the wall; we had a temporary layoff at Christmas for a week. The boss came around and tried to cheer us up then, with promises that it was only a temporary situation.
Time to brush up the old resume.
 
For those of you laid off, please do not give up hope of getting another job. Get your resumes done up and get them out there.

If it winds up being a long time, please do not be too full of pride to ask for help. There are programs out there specifically for that purpose.

Energy assistance, Food Pantries, Food Stamps and the like. If you feel that you are taking it away from someone else you are wrong. And just because you might need this help at this time of your life does not make you a lesser person either. All you have to do is donate back to those places when you get back on your feet.

I help at a food pantry so I know what I am talking about and the greatest joy we get is seeing someone get back on their feet and return the favor.

The best of luck to all of you!!!!
 
I'm 47 and been working since I was 17.
Never asked for a hand out - but just got
my first unemployment check yesterday...
I think I paid enough in 30 years and I don't
feel bad about taking it ..
Good luck.
Bill
 
ParkHunter61 said:
I'm 47 and been working since I was 17.
Never asked for a hand out - but just got
my first unemployment check yesterday...
I think I paid enough in 30 years and I don't
feel bad about taking it ..
Good luck.
Bill

Bill, glad to hear you got your check. Hang tough guy.
Keep a positive attitude and something good will come your way. :thumbsup:
 
Recession: When someone you know loses their job.
Depression: When you lose your job.

I,m in danger of loosing my job as well. 3 more years till I can collect social security...that is if theres any thing left to collect by then.

In the meantime I'm doing all I can to prepare.... for if or when it happens.

I do have faith that all my needs will be met, so I'm not too worried.
But it doesn't hurt to be prepared for the worst.

Detecting and treasure hunting and prospecting all can help take your mind off of your problems. But if you don't have a plan B or C for back up, you wont be able to focus on enjoying your free time.
 
I took my first job for wages in 1958 digging footers on a home construction project . Until open heart surgery year before last I was never without gainful employment of some sort that provided a degree of sustanance.
Some jobs sucked and paid poorly , others made it worth my while to be there. Regardless , I provided for me and mine.
There is always work if you wish to work.
If you desire a position that is a different story .
 
I hate the term "Overqualified".
Every job in my field (Tool&Die) has told me that.

Walk the streets, not just the internet.
Offer to milk cows, change diapers, wash cars, mow lawns, clean windows.
My cousin made a bunch of $ putting on tire chains.

Yes these are degrading jobs but if you have a family to feed is worth it.

When I lived under an overpass it was only for a week until I got my next paycheck and could buy the part for my car.

Do what you have to do but keep it legal.

alas my retirement plan is to rob a bank with a squirtgun and get caught.
My kids are grown and they might understand the joke.

Grey
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom