what ever happen to research

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just me I been noticing a lot of people asking the same questions what better A or B. Or what should I get ? How come no-one can Google for themselves and not rely on what someone else has I mean these questions yes there good to a point but ur not getting anywhere its gonna b a 50 50 for A & B then there's other guys who don't use either & will say get C so ur just not gonna get an answer. I'm just see in a lot of the same questions there should be new threads for a comparison between brands & what's good for what instead of arguments over so & so detectors aren't good if someone says they r and so on

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how come i see so many deus for sale?

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either vendors or people who just don't know how to use em

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U gotta also remember now they haven't been around in the u.s for long & really I haven't seen any more of deus's forsale then other machines

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a vaquero after researching for a long time and reading all the great reviews and I really don't like it at all. I think watching todays finds and noting what is being found with certain detectors points you in the right direction. Some are better for rings, some for tot lots, and some for deep old coins.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a vaquero after researching for a long time and reading all the great reviews and I really don't like it at all. I think watching todays finds and noting what is being found with certain detectors points you in the right direction. Some are better for rings, some for tot lots, and some for deep old coins.

That worked for me, but there isn many folks who use my detector on here anymore. The site leans towards one detector and one detector only. I think O would like a Vaquero, but I am spoiled with the F75. Too bad they have poor customer service, I wont buy another one.

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm biased because I've asked these questions lol but I think that asking detectorists that are often experienced with multiple machines what they think is the most capable is a valid form of research. Reading reviews with no context or discussion or watching promotional videos from the company itself is close to useless. I was careful to see if any head to head comparisons existed between the machines I was contemplating but there were few with substance. These discussions shouldnt be personal preference but instead "i was able to find x with machine y at depth z". Most of the time to your point people are brand or detector loyalists without an understanding of the competition. At that point it is the researchers job to take these kind of responses with a grain of salt and sift through the preferences.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm biased because I've asked these questions lol but I think that asking detectorists that are often experienced with multiple machines what they think is the most capable is a valid form of research. Reading reviews with no context or discussion or watching promotional videos from the company itself is close to useless. I was careful to see if any head to head comparisons existed between the machines I was contemplating but there were few with substance. These discussions shouldnt be personal preference but instead "i was able to find x with machine y at depth z". Most of the time to your point people are brand or detector loyalists without an understanding of the competition. At that point it is the researchers job to take these kind of responses with a grain of salt and sift through the preferences.

Beautifully put!

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find that the longer a detector is out the more knowledge people get about that detector. For instance, if you ask how a detector is that just came out a few months ago there is not a lot of knowledge yet. Wait a couple years then ask the question and many people will be able to say things from personal use. I found that same thing when I used to play paintball. You would never buy the first model as it would come out with a few problems arising. By asking the questions you can see what is wrong and wait for the company to fix the problem. Or by asking these questions you can see what to look for if only a few products were defective.

I have screwed myself over by not asking too many questions as well. I bought a new (used 2007) kayak for $1150, and that specific model was $2250 new in Canada so I thought stellar deal. Until I found out that select models up until 2009 had weak drive well's which would result in cracking. Go figure even though this thing was in near new condition it had a crack. I am now shoveling out $723 to get a new 2013 hull which will make my kayak new. If I had asked a question on another set of forums about what to look for I am positive I would have passed on this purchase.

All in all by asking these questions it can give someone confidence when purchasing something.

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That worked for me, but there isn many folks who use my detector on here anymore. The site leans towards one detector and one detector only. I think O would like a Vaquero, but I am spoiled with the F75. Too bad they have poor customer service, I wont buy another one.

You've had bad customer service with Fisher Labs products? I've received nothing but the best in my personal experiences.. Maybe the field is mixed here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread