What's new

What is it you always take to your hunts, that...

Goose MKII

Full Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2014
Messages
140
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
you consider to be a must?
...and I'm not talking about items specific to metal detecting, but items that are not related to the hobby, like Bear Pepper Spray, walking cane, head protection, axe, etc...
What is it that you never go hunting without?
It could be multiple items...
 
Last edited:
Water! Something to eat like a banana. Cell phone. Sunglasses. Hat and although I don't have them in my possession yet, a pair of Deep See Beach Walkers!
 
my lucky shirt
 
I always have water, if it's hot weather I bring it in a cooler with ice. Always carry sunscreen, bug spray, a hat and extra batteries.
 
Toilet paper. Lost way too many right hand gloves lol
 
Always where the same three shirts. My detecting pics look like I never take a bath lol. And my phone to take pics.
 
Canteen, sunscreen, and Mr. Glock.
 
I wear my mesh Red Sox jersey when I am jacked up about a hunt... also make sure to wear my wide brimmed hat. I mean the hat makes me look good and all, but not too practical with the headphones.....gotta try something different I guess.
 
Where I land detect I take my Firestar 9mm. and no shovels.
 
I agree with all. Altough, I continually search for someone to dig for me. ;)
Peace
 
I have a little vivitar cam that affixes to my F75. I can photo all the crazy people in the park. One large fella got mad his girlfriend was in the picture. I also like to take my Garmin GPS. It has a camera. I take 3 cameras every where I go not counting my phone.
 
Cell phone, Paper towels, bug repellant, something to drink, my lucky shirt, hope and confidence.
 
The red Head!!!:laughing7: Can't get her to Stop She is Crazy!!!! :laughing7: And always Water
 
Iced down 6-pack of Moose Drool Ale. Then when it's hot, I just sit in the truck and enjoy. Don't take a detector(gave it to my cousin), so there is never disappointment or sweat anymore. Just a retired old guy whose idea of treasure is a great night's sleep and a good BM in the morning...
 
[h=2]"What is it you always take to your hunts, that you consider to be a must."[/h]A positive attitude. A sense of adventure. The required tools. And hope. :thumbsup:
 
Toilet paper. Lost way too many right hand gloves lol
Winner!!!
Haha, that's funny and at the same time, I can see myself not taking any TP with me.
At the end of the day, you never know whem mother nature comes knocking :D
 
[h=2]"What is it you always take to your hunts, that you consider to be a must."[/h]A positive attitude. A sense of adventure. The required tools. And hope. :thumbsup:
That's what it takes, and I must add that you have to have it in you to take on this hobby.
I'm a lifer, I think I'm going to metal detect until I can't do it physically and safely anymore.
 
Do any of you guys take somebody with you in your hunts?
Be it a friend, relative or an MD partner?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom