Prospecting

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One can also place the phone under ground within highly mineralized soil / rock. This can be better then a phone bag.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why there is a good market for phone bags etc.
I am old fashioned…I didn’t even take a pen into the field…

Some rocket scientist figured out a poem of two trains on the same track with an Indian with a tomahawk…And the rest is missile defense history…Thanks to gps…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am old fashioned…I didn’t even take a pen into the field…

Some rocket scientist figured out a poem of two trains on the same track with an Indian with a tomahawk…And the rest is missile defense history…Thanks to gps…

Ed T
The missile guiding system is based on the three levels of satellites. Don't know if there is a super computer used with all of the satellites.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The missile guiding system is based on the three levels of satellites. Don't know if there is a super computer used with all of the satellites.
The thing is they were having a problem with the curvature of the Earth…They were not implementing the Greenwich principle…And the rest is history…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The radius of the approximate circle at a particular point is the radius of curvature. The curvature vector length is the radius of curvature. The radius changes as the curve moves.

Earth is massive enough that the pull of gravity maintains its roughly spherical shape. Most of its deviation from spherical stems from the centrifugal force caused by rotation around its north-south axis. This force deforms the sphere into an oblate ellipsoid.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The radius of the approximate circle at a particular point is the radius of curvature. The curvature vector length is the radius of curvature. The radius changes as the curve moves.

Earth is massive enough that the pull of gravity maintains its roughly spherical shape. Most of its deviation from spherical stems from the centrifugal force caused by rotation around its north-south axis. This force deforms the sphere into an oblate ellipsoid.
I am a little wasted…But I am far from being in the spirit…So I don’t think that I had anything to do with suggesting that a rocket engine could be reused when I worked for AHf in the early 90’s…

I won’t even go into the suggestions I made for the mighty USA and the stock markets…lol

Ed T

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well class…I have reached my 12 pack limit…It seems as if I will not make it to midnight…

Have a Mary New Year Ya’ll…

Ed T

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn’t doubt it…It will be a snowballs day in hell when I take any electronic into the field…

Ed T
Good point, gotta keep those metal detectors away from cell phones or cars they’re liable to talk to each other.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good point, gotta keep those metal detectors away from cell phones or cars they’re liable to talk to each other.
Also power and phone lines not that there is many out in the field.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true…I wonder what one might be able to find with a detector in some of my areas???

And as for taking a car…I don’t think I’d take any vehicle newer than a 1988 model year… lol

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think you will find many on here that have taken these classes.
I really did try to convince my daughter into taking GIA courses…And she laughed at the thought…Same with my sons…

Oh well…I wonder IF I should take the courses…IF I believe the diamond was An IF paragon diamond grade G or H…Do I really need to take the courses???

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am tempted to say the heck with it…I have been offered a pretty sweet deal…I have an opportunity to rent a small house in Mexico for only $100 per month IF I sign a long term contract…I am pretty tempted to jump on this deal…The only thing is…The house in on the outskirts of town…And it will pretty much be as is where is…It will not have any appliances or furnishings of any kind…

What to do…what to do???

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wonder how much longer it will be before a metal detector will be able to link with a car??? I remember seeing a story on tv about a guy who rigged a giant detector onto his Jeep…He drove around and discovered some nuggets with it…
Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I wonder how much longer it will be before a metal detector will be able to link with a car??? I remember seeing a story on tv about a guy who rigged a giant detector onto his Jeep…He drove around and discovered some nuggets with it…
Ed T
Well if you only have older / out of the latest tech detectors you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you only have older / out of the latest tech detectors you have nothing to worry about.
I took an old whites gmt to Mexico and dug so much trash…If you think you dig a lot of trash in the states, you should give Mexico a try…You will soon be saying, “There is no place like home.”

I’d still like to retire there though…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I took an old whites gmt to Mexico and dug so much trash…If you think you dig a lot of trash in the states, you should give Mexico a try…You will soon be saying, “There is no place like home.”

I’d still like to retire there though…

Ed T
Yep digging up trash can almost stop you from finding things worth digging.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep digging up trash can almost stop you from finding things worth digging.
Here I have dug many pull tabs and gum wrappers…In Mexico I grew frustrated with the amount of bottle and beer caps dug…

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread