What's new

WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOUVE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

THEJOKER

Greenie
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oxford, MS
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200
WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

I'm going to be out of town for 2 weeks and i want anybody and everbody to tell me their first dug coin old or new and when i get back i want to see how many of you respond, so type on!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

1998 p memorial
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

1911 wheaty in my yard. The year my grandmother was born. :)

Of coarse I dug a lot of trash before I found it. Maybe that's why I'm still digging the trash. :wink:
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

It was a dime, modern clad, don't remember the year.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

First coin=don't remember
first silver 1901 dime
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

Believe it or not.......9 years ago....1821 LC. I guess this set the tone for my metal detecting career. A key date LC. :headbang:
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

first coin - clad US quarter 2004

first silver was a Merc
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

Probably clad coin, with my White's coinmaster back in '77-78. Dang detector had 20 knobs and a meter on it, and took two seperate battery packs.
30 years later with a dfx, first coin - a zincoln. Next day my first silver, a merc.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

Started detecting in May of 1968 and first coin was a 1863 Indian Head Penny. It wasn't until 1972 that I found my first clad coin and I thought it was out of the ordinary that I called over my buddies to show them. Who knew what was in store.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

First was a modern penny, and first silver was a 1940s dime. First old copper was an 1819 halfpenny, and first old silver was an 1816 sixpence.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

When I was about 7 years old..I was at a park at the end of our street....I picked up a stick and thought I would 'dig for treasure' in a small impression at the end of a sliding board...much to my complete surprise I found approximately 30 pennies.

This is my lead at the Treasure Hunters Addiction Meetings....
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

I believe it was a 1923 merc. in my front yard Dd60
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

Stinkin' Lincoln.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

First coin was a modern penny. First silver 42 merc. First old copper 1848 large cent. First old silver 1891 seated dime.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

first coin was a clad dime, first silver was a 42 merc, first old copper was a 1868 ihc....still looking for my first gold coin....hh
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

Memmorial cent under a baseball grandstand. If i remember right, all i found there was a couple memmorials, a junk bracelet, and some trash, but i was ecstatic. (i was young) ;D
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

first coin Lincoln cent in the driveway.

first silver 1964 Roosevelt in the wifes parents front yard.
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

A penny. I don't remember the year. I have always been looking for money and stuff on the ground so I found lots more before I actually found something with a detector.

Teddi
http://www.squidoo.com/teddi
 
Re: WHAT IS THE FIRST COIN YOU'VE EVER DUG?!?!?!?

The first coin that I ever dug was at the beach in Japan. It was a 10 yen coin (about 10 cents). Sadly I don't have it anymore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom