What's new

What is this?

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is this small hand painted container? Can you help Breezie?

It was my grandmothers. On the bottom it says

Made in France
Hand Painted

Under that is a mark inside a wreath. Does anyone recognize it?
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001F.webp
    MVC-001F.webp
    276.4 KB · Views: 121
  • MVC-003F.webp
    MVC-003F.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 127
  • MVC-004F.webp
    MVC-004F.webp
    239.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Just for the record.. I have MY grandmother's trinket box, although it looks nothing like BCH's.

Mine is clear glass in the shape of a chicken sitting on a nest. I think these were very popular once-upon-a-time - tons of them available on-line. Mine is from the 1920's or 30's.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Dude! After all these years you still don't trust me? :laughing7:


It is about the same size as yours:

Material: porcelain
Hand-painted and embossed flowers on top of lid
Sculpted body shape
Brass clasp hardware for opening trinket boxSize: (bottom) 2 x (H) 1-5/8-inch


Porcelain Trinket Box Exporter

DCMatt
I already found it but maybe you didnt see my reply. For some strange reason the replys do not post in order so it makes a fast posting conversation confusing.

I trust you but I also like to read the link for any additional information. Actually that thing is tiny. Its smaller than mine. I now see that your link is different but the same item, different exporter. Probably made in China.

Yep I see made in china.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the posts are in order. Ihad to look for the link and you posted while I was looking. I did NOT refresh the thread before posting. My bad.

I was just yanking your chain about trust. I know there is a lot of mutual respect on this forum, but it doesn't hurt to call someone on a posting. I've made my share of "bone headed" guesses on things here. I have no problem with someone asking for provenance.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I have noticed on other threads that they do not always post in order and I thought it may have happened here..
Sometimes a post will appear above mine that I didnt see when I replied.. Maybe Im not refreshing before I post?


Im selling on eBay and Im trying to sort the common stuff from the valuable as well as make the ID.

Thanks for the ID. I may never find the maker.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom