What's new

What is this

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
Found this a while back along with this point. Any one ever seen one of these small things?

image-2099796771.webp



image-742499159.webp



image-3157526697.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice triangular!! Is the other bone?
 
Tnmountains said:
Nice triangular!! Is the other bone?

I don't think so. I honestly think it is some type of hard clay. Weird thing!
 
Might be that light chert. I found one that looks like a dino bone. Maybe fossis will see it.
 
Nice point and the other one IDK but it looks broken at the base.
 
Nice point! I say the other looks like bone to me. I'd try the tongue test to see if it's bone.
 
My first impression of that second piece was unglazed ceramic of some kind..like a leg to something.
 
Last edited:
GatorBoy said:
My first impression of that second piece was unglazed ceramic of some kind..like a leg to something.

What do you mean by "a leg" ? Also, do you think native American? It was found on a river bank, about 200 yards from a fish weir . Thanks for your input !
 
Rww1987 said:
Nice point! I say the other looks like bone to me. I'd try the tongue test to see if it's bone.

What is the "tongue test"?
 
I could be way off...It just reminded me of a leg to something like a little ceramic knick knack. Not native American.
 
could it be one of these?

images
ceramic stilt used in a kiln....
 
unclemac said:
could it be one of these?

ceramic stilt used in a kiln....

Looks similar. If mine were broken at the base on both sides i would swear to them being one of the same. By the way, what is that?? Still no answer, but getting closer I think.
 
The tongue test I havent tried it but you rub it on your tongue and if it feels sticky its bone. Kinda sticks to it not a slick feel. I have seen some videos where 2 guys field wash all their finds by putting them in their mouths to wash them. Dang that was a funny video. I dont do that either lol.
 
rock said:
The tongue test I havent tried it but you rub it on your tongue and if it feels sticky its bone. Kinda sticks to it not a slick feel. I have seen some videos where 2 guys field wash all their finds by putting them in their mouths to wash them. Dang that was a funny video. I dont do that either lol.

It will remain a mystery!! Not washing in my mouth!!
 
Looks similar. If mine were broken at the base on both sides i would swear to them being one of the same. By the way, what is that?? Still no answer, but getting closer I think.

I use those to stilt up pots that I fire in a kiln so that the glaze doesn't run down and cement the piece to the shelf.
 
:hello:Im not tired! I got to go to work tomorrow morning and will probably pay for it then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom