What is your drink of choice after MD'ing?

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finished a few hours at a local park. Did a lot better than I thought I would. But after being out in the hot sun like that, I headed straight for the fridge to grab a cold brew. Being from California, even a glass of white wine would work. What is your beverage of choice (alcoholic or not) after a long day swinging your machine?

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Usually water, then later a New Belgium’s 12 oz. Voodoo Ranger IPA @ 9% ABV.
My limit is normally two.
It’s a sipping brew, it ain’t no NASCAR soda, but then those Buds are for when you want to drink all day, yet stay sober.

My fav for the heat used to be a cold Gatorade, but had to give ‘em up after a bad bout with kidney stone, put me in the ER.

Last edited:
Usually water, since I drink sports drinks while detecting in the heat.

Rum..rum and coke..rum punch..ginger beer and rum(dark and stormy) I like rum too !!

A liter of cold lemonade in a cooler while detecting, then a well iced Pepsi to burn away the pollen and dust. After that.......depends on what the wife has planned! :laughing7:

Like fistfulladirt, I'm also a manufacturer of kidney stones, so staying hydrated is top priority!

Last edited:
My fridge in the garage is packed full of Hamm's that are about two degrees away from freezing at all times.

Usually water, then later a New Belgium’s 12 oz. Voodoo Ranger IPA @ 9% ABV.
My limit is normally two.
It’s a sipping brew, it ain’t no NASCAR soda, but then those Buds are for when you want to drink all day, yet stay sober.

My fav for the heat used to be a cold Gatorade, but had to give ‘em up after a bad bout with kidney stone, put me in the ER.

man that voodoo ranger is a great beer , drink one of those after a hot day in the field and you're feeling good. I love an I P A in the winter and something cheaper and watered down in the summer.

My fridge in the garage is packed full of Hamm's that are about two degrees away from freezing at all times.

The county store down the road had Hamms for $ 3.69 for 16oz 6 packs . I was drinking the hell out of it and everyone else must have been too because they raised the price to $ 4.89 which is still very cheap.
Hamms is a great hot weather beer , not too thick or strong.

I usually pick up a chelada-style red beer form the closest gas station. I prefer the Modelo, but moste Casey's stations in Middle-o-Nowhere, Missourah only have the Bud Light Chelada. It's been a digging tradition for me for nearly a decade now.

Water while detecting our Florida beaches...and plenty of it. After equipment clean up and a shower, I relax with ol' Jack Daniel's and his Tennessee Fire. :icon_thumleft:

Chocolate milk! Publix chocolate milk, to be exact.
I'm so addicted to that stuff, I have a half gallon a day habit.
(which during this cv19 mess, I'd have to buy in bulk, that stuff ain't cheap) :laughing7:
Other than that, water, or those black-raspberry Ice drinks, they're pretty good.

SAVE THE CHOCOLATE COWS! :laughing7:

Last edited:
Water but if I’m really thirsty I’ll just drink a spray my foo foo bottle

Last edited:
Mostly I drink water unless I just got in from mowing or such and it was hot. Then maybe a Yuengling lager.

Work nights - two Yuenglings.

Once I'm parked for the evening on weekends. Jim Beam. Just as is in a glass. No ice, no water or seltzer. Neat.

Friday evening after supper is Martini night. Dry with two olives and poured over ice but no ice in the glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back