Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I need to immerse mine while it is still in warranty.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good news - there are still five metal detector dealers with shops within 200 miles of me. If I decide to get something else, I will absolutely go do a test drive.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nox, like all recent ML machines are made in Malaysia by an American owned company - Plexus. Also, their quality of build has never been great - look at all the CTX issues with water ingress and screen failures.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine does this thing where the audio starts to fade and then sounds like a echo.
I thought it was the headphones I built and maybe water getting past the Epoxy to the wires but I will have to keep an eye on it now.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have too many detectors, and used my Tejon day before yesterday versus the others. I like the simplicity and the absolute capability of the Tejon. Maybe I should think more about how many I have and maybe let somebody else use the ones I haven't used in ages.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may get something in a year or so. But my combination now is hard to beat.

I get bored...

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is going on???? Just have had to get one replaced...now the external speaker isn't working right...muffled sounding.. one guy made a post about this exact issue.. and said minelab burped his machine.. Water was in his battery housing...

So, maybe put the control head over your shoulder and pat it on the back? :laughing7:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that have had leaks, how long were they in the water and how deep when they had the problem?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have too many detectors, and used my Tejon day before yesterday versus the others. I like the simplicity and the absolute capability of the Tejon. Maybe I should think more about how many I have and maybe let somebody else use the ones I haven't used in ages.

I don't have a Tejon, but two Cibolas (one black model with the larger DD coil). I still have not one but 2 old Garrett ADS Deepseeker Master Hunter 7's (one was a refurb unit bought as a spare and never needed) with a bunch of coils. Its so heavy that I'm unlikely to go back to it. Have you sold your old Garrett yet?

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently dunked mine in a lake by accident where I was hunting Second Seminole War artifacts and it has been OK. Having said that, I've played it safe and considered both my CTX and EQX as "water proof" where rain and accidental dunking are concerned only. At my age, I don't have any desire to hunt in deeper water so if the EQX can stand the rain on our Florida beaches and an occasional wave splash I'm OK...but that's just me.

Going cheap on gaskets was the issue with the CTX initially. I would have hoped they had learned their lesson. It seems that the EQX is suffering similar issues. ???

My Excals, at least in the past, have passed the waterproof test...but that has been several years ago.

Bottom line: I don't intend to take my EQXs under water. However, if Minelab advertises the CTX and EQX as waterproof at 10 ft then it should be just that...period. No "abnormalities" accepted. Make it truly waterproof or don't advertise it as such....just the view from my foxhole.

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess they’re guaranteed to be waterproof for three years? Too many reports of leaking is cause for concern. Perhaps a recall or at least an extended warranty is in order.

Do keep your eye on the new Simplex, the other brand of waterproof detector, soon to hit the market.

g

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, if you don't give it, say, half an hour under water, and it breaks a few days after the warranty expires, you will probably be machine shopping again. No use in taking a chance.

So seriously, yes.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, should we do this?
Why not? Is it not smart to test the capabilities of anything you buy to make sure it does what it is supposed to do? If it doesn't, that is what warranty is for.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way it hunts on land ill keep it dry and buy a $300 simplex for the water.

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
When I bought my equinox a couple of months ago I was torn between it and a cz21. Oh God please dont make me regret not buying the cz21!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread