What's new

Whats Happening To Our Language? ****

And, in the final analysis, your contribution and belief is what?

Is there some "one sentence message" that you wish to convey?

Make your statement and then stand behind it.

Best,
Scott

Please do not consider me crass and uncaring....
I truly appreciate the situation that you describe.

However, certain parameters MUST be considered.
Fluent english speaker?
Attending higher education?
No negative contact with law enforcement?
Serving in the US Military?
Ability to "blend" within surroundings?

Congratulations! Move ahead in the line to be a LEGAL US Citizen!

Really, I'm a "People" person, but my people are those whom I can rely upon.

Those who are legal.....

I know and see many hispanics every day, and legality discussions are never initiated or discussed.

It is all a part of my day. As my presence is a part of their day.

We all go home in the evening, to our own personal hells and heavens; he to his, me to mine.
We are equal as humans.

More thought needed?

To ALL of my Friends....

My Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
How about casualities of war. They use to die. Then they tested. Now they have fallen, passed on, or crosser over. I think reality is to harsh for some people. Frank skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.webp
 
A worthless, just out of prison again, womanizer without a job skill, non-child support paying loser that's hooked on meth and living off his shackup's welfare is now called, "My baby daddy". :)
 
Last edited:
A worthless, just out of prison again, womanizer without a job skill, non-child support paying loser that's hooked on meth and living off his shackup's welfare is now called, "My baby daddy". :)

My Friend,

I am currently studying college courses that will enable me to professionally help any individuals of society that have had situations in their past that maybe you and I nor they might not be proud of.....

I am one man trying to heal the transgressions of the past and lead those willing to productivity and a goal in life....

Yes, there are "hopeless cases," and these are the folks that I want to help.

I appreciate your best wishes and thoughts.....

My Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
Just who are these people who keep telling us what you can say or not say? I have no problem blasting someone who deserves it Words were ment to be used. Don't care if it's a thee piece suit or a wiener turner at the gas station. Not scared of a punch, If it's some stupid thing you did you have it coming. Some words are ment for shock value.





Are words like Kike offensive? Jews were distinguish by wearing a circle when entering the U.S Kike is short for Kikeal Or W.O.P. Italians( With out papers) Why are they offensive now when before they were just words.
 
Onfire, yea, when you were a kid you understood that, but then some grew up and forgot. " Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never heart me." Frank
 

Attachments

  • rose on ice 700 this one.webp
    rose on ice 700 this one.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 84
Just who are these people who keep telling us what you can say or not say? I have no problem blasting someone who deserves it Words were ment to be used. Don't care if it's a thee piece suit or a wiener turner at the gas station. Not scared of a punch, If it's some stupid thing you did you have it coming. Some words are ment for shock value.





Are words like Kike offensive? Jews were distinguish by wearing a circle when entering the U.S Kike is short for Kikeal Or W.O.P. Italians( With out papers) Why are they offensive now when before they were just words.

Yes, words can be hurtful, name calling is inexcuseable.

Compassion is paramount in righting the wrongs of those who have done wrong and now seek absolution.
As I, you, and everyone else....

We all should forgive those who have erred in the past and now seek forgiveness....
In the way of my Lord, I forgive those and seek to help the repentant towards a satisfying and fruitful life.

My Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
AU24K , In most cases I might agree, But when it comes to people like Manson, I say let them rot in prison! I figure there is about 10% of the population like him that will never change. They would be forgiven to go and do it again. You have to learn to read people to survive today. Frank
 

Attachments

  • HAVRE DE GRACE 013-3.webp
    HAVRE DE GRACE 013-3.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 75
Ah, Frankn, my Friend....

The law, justice and accountabilty of ones actions are best left to the debate of juries, criminologists and psychologists.

In the final anaylasis, most folks can identify a sick, crazy S.O.B.

Assuredly, it is fortunate that I am not the supreme law of the land. Justice would be swift and appropriate...

My Best,
Scott

Perhaps we digress...
 
Last edited:
I don't like words that are changed for no good reason other than to make them sound more impressive.

Library is now "Learning Resource Center"

Janitor is now "Custodial engineer"

Car washer is now "Car Detailer"

I think we should combine words, and make things as simple as possible. For example :censored: hilarious, could be fullarious.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like words that are changed for no good reason other than to make them sound more impressive.

Library is now "Learning Resource Center"

Janitor is now "Custodial engineer"

Car washer is now "Car Detailer"

I think we should combine words, and make things as simple as possible. For example :censored: hilarious, could be fullarious.


FYI, substituting characters (*$#@&) for letters to bypass language censor is still a violation of our rules... Please follow TN rules...
 
Last edited:
Please....

Let's keep objectionale language out of this disscussion. Let's concentrate on philosophies, ideas and solutions.

Objectionable language and "name calling" is not tolerated by this Website's Policies, nor will I personally reply to such violations.

Scott

PS. Thank you, Moderator(s) for keeping an eye on this thread.
Without moderation, we can all see how this discussion could easily go on a left turn from appropriate....


Thank you also for including a link to the rules with your submission to remind us "old-timers" and the "newbies" of the rules....

But, as a matter of record, Gold Maven, I agree with your post, until the last sentence....
 
Last edited:
Scott, I won't go into all the money that I personally feel is wasted on "social programs" to take care of those that refuse to help themselves and all the money we waste paying people to try and help these same losers along with all the county office buildings and vehicles it takes to maintain these programs. On top of it all, these bums get social security at young ages for being druggies. They share the answers they have to give county workers to get on the county mental health rolles so they can qualify. It's a sickening, cancerous sub-culture eating away lavishly at our society that will NEVER be curtailed because it wouldn't APPEAR politically correct for any number of reasons. If someone decides they are going to change their life and start becoming a contributor to society they can do it on their own. The VERY FEW that can be "saved" aren't worth the billions spent on them every year. Just an personal observation. :)
 
Another observation. We no longer have an "Unemployment Office", it's called "The Employment Development Department". Funny thing, it's the same place the unemployed used to hang out at, just takes more letters to spell it out on the building and on the letterhead. :)
 
I was a traffic control engineer. Fancy name for flagman
 
Some new words are popping up to cover courser words that would be censored like shag. It didn't exist in my younger days. Frank068-LEDA.webp
 
I used to shag fly balls (baseballs for you perverts) that went over my head in the outfield. :)
 
Heres an interesting bit of information that i came across while reading a book titled "GULAG A HISTORY" The Soviets used a similar method of changing language.The NKVD called pregnant women "Books",women with children "Receipts",men were called "Accounts", exiled persons were called"Rubbish". A labor camp or concentration camp was called a "Trust" a camp division was called a "Factory".Prisoners under investigation were called "envelopes".
 
shackups are now called "significant other"
What's an "alternative lifestyle"?-Am I living one? I must be. If someone isn't living MY lifestyle, mine must be an alternative one to them.
welfare bums are "impoverished"? Sounds like they are victims!
singers no longer exist, now they are "rappers" (can't sing a note but recite rhyming lines like the drugged-up beatnik, self-designed poets used to do at the coffee houses in Greenwich Villiage, NYC in the 60's)----how many remember them? :)
Teacher's Pet has a whole, new meaning. :)
 
What's an "alternative lifestyle"?-Am I living one? I must be. If someone isn't living MY lifestyle, mine must be an alternative one to them.

An alternative lifestyle means you dont conform to the standards set by society.In other words you cant be yourself without having a label thrown on you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom