What's new

Whats the best way to get the most cash for my rings and jewelry?

Im lucky to have a good friend who owns a very busy jewelry store here in the keys....he treats me good because of our friendship.....he only buys my gold and platinum. He does not do this for anyone else, and I will often have my scrap made into other pieces of jewelry.....if he does a project with my scrap gold I pay him for the work with more scrap gold !! Same buyer for 20 years.
 
Like Casper says sell it to precious metal refinery, you will get 92-98% of spot price of gold. They will not buy any stones, some return them or you can remove them yourself. Many diamonds unless they are solitary, rare or unusual lose a large portion of their value once sold, save them and have jewelry piece made for wife or girlfriend one day.



I personally would not use most listed. Wallethacks is a blog and they are paid to advertise those links, and they do not even mention precious metal refineries.

Example. Cash for Gold only pays 75-80% of spot price of gold, Midwest Refinery pays 95%.
 
Last edited:
Sell them on eBay. I sold a 10k class ring for $330 that had a melt value of $240 at the time. Buyers will pay a premium for quality rings. If the rings are in decent shape, you will get over melt for them. Even if they're trashed, you can get a little over melt. Lots of crazy buyers on eBay!
 
Thanks people for the replies i was very curious to know your opinions you helped me out alot i have always wanted to know the answer to this question
 
Last edited:
Open an etsy shop "DetectingFlorida318" or some other shop name and simply sell your recoveries. I sis this for several years and did quite well once I built some store history, which took about a year. After that most of the stuff sold within days and I even established a list of routine buyers/collectors that I could sell to without ever even listing the item. Been thinking doing it again but it does require some work and time that I'm just not sure I want to commit to now that I'm retired?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom