Where ya hunt?

Massachusetts
Pennies
Nickels
Dimes
Sometimes I'll get a 100$ in Quarters...
and loose halves if the banks got them, (only asked twice so far but got a 40%!)

Good luck ;D
Wicka

I have been hunting in the Baltimore area, although my work has me driving in Virginia, Delaware, D.C., and Pennslyvania. So if I see a bank near by and have extra time I stop in them and try to get halves. Found $200 in halves at a BoA in Virginia the other day but no Silver.

Indiana. There aren't too many hunters in the area so I make some good finds. I do mostly halves and occasionally dimes.

Indiana. There aren't too many hunters in the area so I make some good finds. I do mostly halves and occasionally dimes.

whats your average per box of halves? is it random? halves are just too expensive for me

Michigan area. I concentrate on dimes, sometimes halves, but I dig bigger and better silver through dirtfishing.

fistfulladirt said:
Michigan area. I concentrate on dimes, sometimes halves, but I dig bigger and better silver through dirtfishing.

Getting into md is on my short list. Any suggestions on how to find productive hunting grounds? Sorry to hijack thread. I hunt dimes, halves, nickels and cents.

Also in and around the NYC area, Nassau County as well. I also am a dime guy just like you, usually do $100 or less per hunt, however, have made my first order of $1000 in halves. I have narrowed down three big banks that seem to always yield me silver dimes in their machine rolls, and have a dump bank that has sold me 6 silver dimes at face direct from the teller.

Last edited:
SE Michigan, and I've noticed that there are a lot of other CRHs that post a lot on here, that are from this area too. Or maybe I'm just paranoid...lol. I hunt Nickel boxes and Penny boxes, CWRs of Dimes, and Half Dollars when I feel like braving the odd looks from tellers. Although about 75% of my Penny boxes have been 2012 bricks lately.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back