RBrown
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 10, 2012
- Messages
- 26
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Phoenix Arizona
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I am asking about three different types of finds: 1. Lode Gold Veins (hard rock mines), 2. Refined gold (like gold bars) caches, and 3. Jesuit caches of treasure. I am not talking about finding coins or old artifacts or anything under the water.
In these three types of search areas: 1. Open BLM lands, 2. Wilderness areas, and 3. Private lands.
I have read that any treasure of any kind found in a Wilderness area belongs to the US Government and they don't pay finder fees (but if you quickly turn over your find to them they may not put you in jail).
I have also read where all Jesuit treasure belongs to the Catholic Church and the Church doesn't pay finder fees either (but they may say a prayer for you).
I heard on the news last week where a very valuable sword from Iraq was being auctioned in the NE US and the US Marshalls showed up in the middle of the auction and confiscated the sword as a war relic.
It almost sounds like it is becoming illegal to openly sell, or publically display, any treasure you may find.
Does anyone know what the laws are regarding selling/displaying treasure finds in Arizona?
In these three types of search areas: 1. Open BLM lands, 2. Wilderness areas, and 3. Private lands.
I have read that any treasure of any kind found in a Wilderness area belongs to the US Government and they don't pay finder fees (but if you quickly turn over your find to them they may not put you in jail).
I have also read where all Jesuit treasure belongs to the Catholic Church and the Church doesn't pay finder fees either (but they may say a prayer for you).
I heard on the news last week where a very valuable sword from Iraq was being auctioned in the NE US and the US Marshalls showed up in the middle of the auction and confiscated the sword as a war relic.
It almost sounds like it is becoming illegal to openly sell, or publically display, any treasure you may find.
Does anyone know what the laws are regarding selling/displaying treasure finds in Arizona?
Only in my wildest dreams but if I found it its mine period and its my choice what I do with it at that point. If it were a personal item and I could find the owner, yes I would do so and return any item I had found but in this situation, not a chance any authorities would ever be able to get any of it. Heck I even figured to drop a couple of chunks in the bottom of the existing tree hole so if ever questioned I could invite the news out and on camera take a shovel full out with a chunk or two and say see how well it produces. LOLOL Not sure if this would work but I feel like the feds and locals have sqwandered our taxes for years I am not willingly going to give them any more. Wow that was a fun fantasty anyways LOL Hope you guys enjoyed it.






