What's new

Who would wear this?And how old could it be?

snakeitg

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this at an old home site.I do not know what kind of metal it is or if the stones on the face are real.It is very heavy.I wonder if it was a ring for a certain organization or club.The home on this site was late 1800's to mid 1900's.Anyone ever seen one like this before?
 

Attachments

  • ring2 001.webp
    ring2 001.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 730
Re: Who would wear this?

Hope you don't mind, but I cropped and enlarged your image a bit :)

That is one ugly ring? Is it a ring? Is that suppose to be Jesus?

Nice find though! :thumbsup:
Annmarie
 

Attachments

  • index5.webp
    index5.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 702
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Yes,it is a ring.I will post a picture of it on its side.
 

Attachments

  • ring2 003.webp
    ring2 003.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 715
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Are there any types of markings inside? I've never seen a ring like that before. It appears to be an image of Jesus on it, to me anyways.

Still a nice find. Wish I could help more, but I have no idea about it...but with the vast knowledge of folks on here, someone is bound to know!
Annmarie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

No,there are no markings on it.I also thought the face might be jesus.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Boy! If either mastereagle or baldingboy had that,they would wear it and make the other one kneel and kiss it before they started on a night hunt.



(Nice find,snakeitg)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Strange ring :o :o, Probably does have some kinda of meaning,, Tony
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Don't think it is supposed to be Jesus. Looks like a piece of Egyptian Revival jewelry from the 19th century.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old_Okie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Ebay it! Say it has image of Jesus on it. It'll bring some big CHRISTmas bucks. ;D......NGE
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Old_Okie said:
Don't think it is supposed to be Jesus. Looks like a piece of Egyptian Revival jewelry from the 19th century.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old_Okie

That was my initial thought....but I still think it's an image of Jesus.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Gypsy Heart said:
Well I am sure that when the ring was new it was not so ugly Ron and Ann. Its darker now but would have been shiny and bright, especially with the stones. Pity its not made out of gold, then they would be diamonds and everyone would praise you much more. I am not sure if its not silver, but very tarnished. I have seen so many patina's on silver, it depends upon the soil conditions. If silver it could be diamonds in any case.

I am also not sure about the face being Jesus, it looks more like to me an English king, like those on the English silver coins....But could be wrong with everything also!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Who would wear this?

Old_Okie said:
Don't think it is supposed to be Jesus. Looks like a piece of Egyptian Revival jewelry from the 19th century.

I agree.
 
Upvote 0
Well that's not something you'd give at a Bar Mitzvah.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like he has a broken nose :wink: Also where the nose looks broken off the metal almost looks like what I would call "pot" metal. Maybe it is just how it looks.

Nice drooping Mustache........

I don't think Jesus, but will go along with Middle Eastern perhaps and not too old of a ring, late 1800's at best.

Don
 

Attachments

  • ringtnet.webp
    ringtnet.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom