Why Do YOU Like TreasureNet?

When i first came here, almost two years ago, i had pretty much lost my passion for metal detecting. I was going out maybe 4 times a month and not finding nothing. I MD'ed outside an old house and found what i believed was my coolest find yet, a lead toy indian. As i was researching, i cam across this website and thought someone might be able to help or comment. I got a lot of replies and stuck around. i love then encouragement, the help in identifying finds (aka pbk), and the great advice. Before i joined this site, i have one silver nickel and some worthless junk. The year after, i got my first and second gold ring, first and second silver dime, first seated and large cent, and countless relics and clad. That year was a real turn around.

HH
-GC

TreasureNet is like going to a convention of detectorist and not having anything you need to do but, talk, share, and show your adventures and finds from metal detecting. They are like a family. Including geeks, freaks and closet cases. Yeah! Just like a family!

Ed D.

I'm new here on TN, but i feel welcome everytime i sign on , the people are all great and helpful, and there is a lot of very knowledgeable people here to help anyone who asks just plain and simple A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO ALL ENJOY THE SAME HOBBY!!! and a great way to spent "down" time

It's like reading "the greatest adventure novel ever". . . it's always full of mysterious plots :o, colorful heroes ::), beautiful heroines :-* and, the endings have pictures!

Simply the best forum, around this world !!!!

Best place to share everything !!!!

Digman.

Where else can you see a rusted blob that needs to be identified and find that its exactly that...?

Where else can you see a misshapened tree is beleived to be a potential treasure symbol and find that its really misshapened due to an infestation of nemotodes...?

Where else can you go to see someone getting their thrills from finding a 52D penny after digging thru 6 inches of snow, 4 inches of ice and 10 inches of permafrost...?

Where else can you go to at 1 AM in the morning when all of the bars are closed?

OK, here's where as shown on the following list...

Darn, ran out of room

I just love this place and the people here

I also think the great variety of topics is what makes this a great site....but I think the actual reason I like it better than the MD'ing sites is due to its layout and format...the other detecting sites I've visited seem...how do I say it?...sterile...the graphics here are more inviting and seem more "homey"...as someone said..like sitting on a worn sofa..instead of a steel bench....Kudos to the web page designer..

People here are friendly and helpful, Always willing to give advice on their experiences.
And i come here for HOPE, Whenever i go out detectin and dont find nothing and start to doubt that i ever will, I come here and see that there are others who have been thru dry spells and then post a find of something cool.

The people are great, but not just the people. The fact that these folks have helped me become go from a Metal Detectorist to a Treasure Hunter.

You folks have taught me alot!!!!

DM

Hookers and booze!

Because I am able to get insight from people I would not be caught dead in public with an also learn some about metal dectecting and treasure hunting..

Blackfoot

I like it here because I can tell my stories and someone actually reads them. Everyone here at home has already heard them ......several times! And I want everyone to be assured that they are all 100% true and factual except for the parts I make up. M ;) nty

It comes in all sizes and colors. One size fits all. Batteries not included.
I do like the stories, pics, adventures and encouragement.
Not big on the long winded bickering though....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back