May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How GOOD do you think you are?

I don't know how good I am, others will judge that. But I do know right from wrong. I will be glad when spring hits so I can get back to detecting, rather than debate adults on behavior that should have been learned in 3rd grade.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walk my dog everyday in my neighborhood and the other day these girl scouts were out selling cookies while I walking.they stopped in front of a house and had rang the doorbell several times and know one came to the door.I also noticed that in front of the house out in the street was a key chain with several car keys on it.So after the girls didn't get a response ,I went up to the door and knocked.This crazy ass lady came out and said
"I don't want any god damn cookies".I looked at her and said that I'm not selling anything,and when I was about to ask if they were hers,but she slammed the door in my face.So as I was walking down the driveway and out into the street I pushed all the "Panic" buttons on the key chain and walked on down the street.She comes running out of the house and can't get the alarms to stop,she can't find her keys:icon_scratch:.
SO last week while I went to work,I drive past her house( at 3:45 am) I punched all
of the "Panic" buttons and drove off.I did this for 1 week,every morning.
I have noticed that the cars all have not moved all week,so I sent her 1 key and mailed it to her,and told her I wanted her to be nicer and maybe I'll send the others back to her.:hello2:

I didn't read all the pages in the thread to see if anyone else felt the way I do but I claim this to be "PRICELESS"! :notworthy: But a little overboard as well!

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how good I am, others will judge that. But I do know right from wrong. I will be glad when spring hits so I can get back to detecting, rather than debate adults on behavior that should have been learned in 3rd grade.
Everyone knows right from wrong...some just choose to flirt with the dark side from time to time...it gets old being perfect all the time. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya! The other day I was feeling for the old crabby lady! Today? I say Light a flaming bag of dog poop on her porch! Then put crisco on her windshield! Instant mash potato's in her yard! Lock tight and super glue in her door locks......:laughing7: Ask me again tomorrow...............

I'm joking!
Hope it warms up soon!:laughing7:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
She could have been in the process of ripping her house apart because she couldn't find her keys and her wallet was in the car so she couldn't buy girl scout cookies....I would be pretty distraught at that point when the doorbell rang again. LOL!:thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line it was her property and her right to do as she pleases...

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sluice Willis-- i agree with your assessment. :)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line it was her property and her right to do as she pleases...
Everyone has the right to act how they want, anywhere, anytime...that's what karma is for. :icon_thumright:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone has the right to act how they want, anywhere, anytime...that's what karma is for. :icon_thumright:

That is not true. Your rights end when you start stepping on my rights. With rights come responsibility. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you can walk into a theater and yell "Fire!". Just because you have the right to bear arms doesn't mean you can walk around shooting people. And just because your feelings got hurt, does not give you the right to terrorize the person with their own property.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not true. Your rights end when you start stepping on my rights. With rights come responsibility. Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you can walk into a theater and yell "Fire!". Just because you have the right to bear arms doesn't mean you can walk around shooting people. And just because your feelings got hurt, does not give you the right to terrorize the person with their own property.
Like that commercial says "we already knew that"...try not to take everything so literal...you should think about taking up a career in law enforcement or ministry because you sure are passionate about doing the right thing...legally and morally. :icon_thumright:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if she had a 'No Soliciting' sign on her front door.

Some people just don't want other people bothering them.

I appreciate the Girl Scout cookies for sale in public places. It's my decision to stop and buy them. (mmmmmm thin mints...)

I really dislike having to answer the front door to have someone telling me my roof needs repairs (it's only 4 years old) my lawn has deadly bugs or I'm doomed to eternal damnation. Get off my porch... and get your dog outta my yard. I'm not peeing and pooping in your yard... why are you using mine for a toilet?

Sooo- maybe she is not social.

Everyone has a story, maybe hers is not so pleasant.

Leave some flowers on her porch one day with an anonymous card wishing her a nice week. If she kicks them into the front yard... well- there's your answer.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if she had a 'No Soliciting' sign on her front door.

Some people just don't want other people bothering them.

I appreciate the Girl Scout cookies for sale in public places. It's my decision to stop and buy them. (mmmmmm thin mints...)

I really dislike having to answer the front door to have someone telling me my roof needs repairs (it's only 4 years old) my lawn has deadly bugs or I'm doomed to eternal damnation. Get off my porch... and get your dog outta my yard. I'm not peeing and pooping in your yard... why are you using mine for a toilet?

Sooo- maybe she is not social.

Everyone has a story, maybe hers is not so pleasant.

Leave some flowers on her porch one day with an anonymous card wishing her a nice week. If she kicks them into the front yard... well- there's your answer.
He wasn't "bothering" her?...he was trying to do her a favor...:dontknow:

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Another cause of what happened is simple "Hangry" which means the blood sugar drops when a person is hungry and then from not eating the angry comes out

What is ironic about that is that if she was "hangry" she should have took advantage of the cookies that the girl scout's offered her and be in a better mood.

I get a little hangry sometimes, just try not to meet me if I am late for lunch:mad:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the ordeal is over, because if we had to raise bail, I'd have a heck of a lot of chipping to do to get those coins out of the frozen tundra up here!

Next time just give her a snickers bar and all will be well! Lol!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
He wasn't "bothering" her, he was trying to do her a favor...:dontknow:

I understand his intentions were noble.

Point being, she was not receptive to his noble intentions- Leave the keys and move on.

The people who keep knocking on my door trying to save me from eternal damnation and teach me a better way of life are trying to do me a favor too.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand his intentions were noble.

Point being, she was not receptive to his noble intentions- Leave the keys and move on.

The people who keep knocking on my door trying to save me from eternal damnation and teach me a better way of life are trying to do me a favor too.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.
If you think the religious visitors are the same as someone trying to return your keys then Im out of this conversation...there is nothing I can say if you view them the same.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think the religious visitors are the same as someone trying to return your keys then Im out of this conversation...there is nothing I can say if you view them the same.

Yup exactly the same, even the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Knock on my door and they are getting punched in the eye! :laughing7:

25609352.jpg

I think what they were getting at was the mean old lady didn't know why he was knocking. Yes he was doing a favor but she was unaware, had she been aware she may have been very pleasant. We all have bad days and all have been rude to people we shouldn't have in our lives. I don't let emotions control my actions, I have walked away from many who needed taught a lesson. There is only so much space in our heads, you don't want to go renting it out to other people! :laughing7: We are not on this earth to teach others a lesson, we're here to learn are own, the world would be a much better place if people worried about their own faults, instead of the faults of others.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup exactly the same, even the Girl Scouts selling cookies. Knock on my door and they are getting punched in the eye! :laughing7:

View attachment 1123250

I think what they were getting at was the mean old lady didn't know why he was knocking. Yes he was doing a favor but she was unaware, had she been aware she may have been very pleasant. We all have bad days and all have been rude to people we shouldn't have in our lives. I don't let emotions control my actions, I have walked away from many who needed taught a lesson. There is only so much space in our heads, you don't want to go renting it out to other people! :laughing7: We are not on this earth to teach others a lesson, we're here to learn are own, the world would be a much better place if people worried about their own faults, instead of the faults of others.
That's why she should have asked what he was there for...so in your world there would be no penalties to teach someone a lesson?...wouldn't need any jails...you said were not on earth to teach others lessons, right?...your concept sounds good but unfortunately its not all sunshine and butterflies in our world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread