What's new

Ya know its not a banner day

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
43,391
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know it's not a banner day

....when your best find is the top part of an old padlock. :dontknow:

Anyway, was a nice stroll around the mansion, (always is).

2016 (190).webp
2016 (191).webp

The "safety" switch for a flintlock, right? ;)

2016 (195).webp
2016 (194).webp
2016 (196).webp

2016 (192).webp
2016 (193).webp

Can't ALL be banner days, now can they. LOL

Thanks for peeking.
 
Upvote 14
Nice lock part! I shall now dub thee, "Sir Whadi Shortshank." It bet that brass piece lit up you ATPro! Let me guess, mid 70's? Sub 8-)
 
Cool... The padlock part has some detail. The buckle looks To be from a pet collar?
 
Nice lock part! I shall now dub thee, "Sir Whadi Shortshank." It bet that brass piece lit up you ATPro! Let me guess, mid 70's? Sub 8-)

Solid, deep 74!
 
Cool... The padlock part has some detail. The buckle looks To be from a pet collar?

Yeah, the padlock part says, YALE & TOWN MFG CO and STAMFORD CONN Kinda neat, but.....well you know. :dontknow:
 
Nice variety, , you just never know what you are going to get.
Congrats
 
Glad you got out. Now go find the rest of that lock[emoji13]

HH, Relic Nut
 
It isn't like banner finds are something most want to be associated with right now anyway, right?:laughing7: I think all we honest detectorists have had days like that.
 
It isn't like banner finds are something most want to be associated with right now anyway, right?:laughing7: I think all we honest detectorists have had days like that.

I use the term exceedingly loosely and have always been that way. My "banners" are internal, never needed a site to validate something to me.
 
As soon as I saw your finds, I just knew you went back to the Mansion. After I read your post I found out I was right. :thumbsup: I sometimes go back to an older pounded site when I have limited time to hunt, otherwise I'm looking for another new permission. Congrats on eking out a few more targets from the Mansion. I think you just like the inner peace you find at the mansion more that what you dig there. :notworthy:.
 
As soon as I saw your finds, I just knew you went back to the Mansion. After I read your post I found out I was right. :thumbsup: I sometimes go back to an older pounded site when I have limited time to hunt, otherwise I'm looking for another new permission. Congrats on eking out a few more targets from the Mansion. I think you just like the inner peace you find at the mansion more that what you dig there. :notworthy:.

Imagine taking a stroll and every time you look up, it's like you're back in time. It is BEEyootifull!

I don't go there to "find" anymore.

Thanks!
 
The buckle isn't a bad little find. More then I can say on my last outing yesterday, Got skunked again with a grocery bag full of slaw and junk iron. The only thing I found that had any old significance was a old rivet with a little leather still attached. But it still felt good to get out. Maybe that coin or piece will come along on the next one:icon_thumright:--HH
 
"Maybe that coin or piece will come along on the next one--HH"...our dreams hinge on that belief.
 
Great weather, detecting, couple finds, not at work, =banner for me!
 
Nice relic hunt, despite fishy and blingie's responses!
 
looks like a Good Hunt again !
I'm getting used to those one find days for the last 2 years.

I think it comes with hunting the same spots over & over
 
Ya know it's not a banner day

Nice safety switch buddy. I'm not 100% positive but that sure looks like the first shotgun shell ever made;)

Hey, you go out so that's what counts. I haven't been out since Monday;(
 
Ha, I found the same Peters Victor shot shell yesterday. I think they were made from 1910 to 1920's.
 
Relics are relics. I enjoy looking up the history on digs just as much as finding coins or other nectar. I have quite a collection of those old shot gun shells. I am thinking about arranging a ton of them in a shadow box to display some day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom