What's new

15th Century silver. oldest spanish silver yet

Banner vote has been cast......I would comment further but I'm sick with envy...lol
 
I cast my banner vote, hell I still have not found any coins in the 1600's. Great finds buddy, I meant it from the beginning. Did you think I was being sarcastic?
 
I cast my banner vote, hell I still have not found any coins in the 1600's. Great finds buddy, I meant it from the beginning. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

I thought you were joking at first,I think it was the timing too,i didn't expect ppl to respond so fast,but regardless,I do appreciate everyones comments
 
Banner vote agreed.
 
Are you kidding?! Wow, that's an amazing find. There's not a person on this forum your find wouldn't knock the socks off of....

Just a question though...how do you know it's the third oldest site in America?

Unfortunately it's not the oldest find in the US as one comment said. I remember reading a post about a guy who found a (genuine) roman coin in a parking lot. Lol

Anyway, banner find. I'm putting in my vote


Steve
 
well scrap I never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America,its just my oldest,as to the site,you are aware florida has the oldest settlements right?
 
just a snippet from wiki
The first European known to have explored the coasts of Florida was the Spanish explorer and governor of Puerto Rico, Juan Ponce de León, who likely ventured in 1513 as far north as the vicinity of the future St. Augustine, naming the peninsula he believed to be an island "La Florida" and claiming it for the Spanish crown.[10][11] Prior to the founding of St. Augustine in 1565, several earlier attempts at European colonization in what is now Florida were made by both Spain and France, but all failed
now it is well established,at least one Portuguese explorer beat de leon by a decade
 
well scrap I never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America,its just my oldest,as to the site,you are aware florida has the oldest settlements right?
well scrap I never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America,its just my oldest,as to the site,you are aware florida has the oldest settlements right?

You never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America, a comment on this thread did, in jest. Thanks for the wiki anecdote.

Steve
 
You never claimed it was the oldest coin found in America, a comment on this thread did, in jest. Thanks for the wiki anecdote.

Steve

Oldest Spanish coin found and posted on this site.
 
We have rules that are enforced, anyone has issues with members address it with mod in private, NOT on the forum....

The assumption was also WRONG....

Thanks Treasure Hunter! That crap has been going on too long. I guess we need official, passport pics to go with our avatar now. Childish people these days.
 
Eric Your officially Warned !

No more of this crap in members Posts !!!

Oh...man, I miss all the fun, I bet it was a great picture.

Back on to subject, can the OP give us more details on the coin itself? Denomination, mint etc Maybe a link to info on this coin? I know nothing!
 
I cast my banner vote, hell I still have not found any coins in the 1600's. Great finds buddy, I meant it from the beginning. Did you think I was being sarcastic?

Hell I still haven't found anything older than 1837 😂
 
WOW!!! How cool is that! Super find. Congrats
 
Oh yea, You definitely have my banner vote!
 
Oh...man, I miss all the fun, I bet it was a great picture.

Back on to subject, can the OP give us more details on the coin itself? Denomination, mint etc Maybe a link to info on this coin? I know nothing!
sorry I have been busy, if you look on the first page ,the info is there,but i'll post it again, 1497-1504 2 real -Seville mint-
 
Congrats! Very nice! Great detail on that!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom