lorraine
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2010
- Messages
- 4,474
- Reaction score
- 3,764
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab GT; Sov Elite
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
18 K earring laying on top of a sand bar;I think I'll wear it to the Innaugural Ball
typo: should read "inaugural"
That is...if I get invited
Hi
,
Got in a 2 1/2 hr. hunt this morning following the tide out.
Was finding only clads in the first 2 hrs. and was ready to "call it a day" , but looked across at a sand bar and thought " why not give it a try"...that's where I found this 18 K ornate earring in full view just laying there on top of the wet sand mound!
In addition to the 18K stamping, I filed a tiny piece and acid tested it...result 18K
But here's the thing: I didn't see it there until after the coil went over it and I heard the sound...maybe I need glasses?
The matching one was no where to be found.
The stones are pretty, but faux
Here's some pics
Thanks for looking
Lorraine




typo: should read "inaugural"

That is...if I get invited

Hi
,Got in a 2 1/2 hr. hunt this morning following the tide out.
Was finding only clads in the first 2 hrs. and was ready to "call it a day" , but looked across at a sand bar and thought " why not give it a try"...that's where I found this 18 K ornate earring in full view just laying there on top of the wet sand mound!
In addition to the 18K stamping, I filed a tiny piece and acid tested it...result 18K
But here's the thing: I didn't see it there until after the coil went over it and I heard the sound...maybe I need glasses?
The matching one was no where to be found.
The stones are pretty, but faux

Here's some pics
Thanks for looking
Lorraine




Last edited:
Upvote
0
Nice earring!
Seems odd that the stone are imitation, and the setting is 18 K. My wife said it might be because some people are allergic to metals other than gold. You can wear it to the inaugural ball, as long as you keep your earring side to the cameras. 







