8-3-12 my 1st year crh

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes one year its been fun and my silver i found is very nice. Am not sure how many oz what ever. I do know 2700 40% 90% not sure about 700 3 barbers the silver proofs. one roll of war nicks. theres so much odd stuff. And over 23 lbs of funny money. over 200 lbs of copper pennies. I love the hunt. And all of you guys make it even better yet. If this year is even close to what i did my 1st year wow. Time will tell ??Happy hunting to all !!!:coins::coins::coins::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you should make yourself a collage of painted coins and frame it in pure silver to commemorate your big day. They sure do grow up fast.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good year tim! would love to see some pictures!! 28 pounds of funny money, there are probrably some goodies mixed in those! too bad silver and gold are not magnetic :(
you found more silver then i will ever find in 20 years, HA. volume is king, but remember, don't get greedy or you will be cut off, just some advice.
hh
buff

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! those are some steller numbers there Tim. Volume does the trick for sure. HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy anniversary! Don't you wish u would've stumbled on this 10 yrs ago???

Congrats on all the sweetness!

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy anniversary! Don't you wish u would've stumbled on this 10 yrs ago???

Congrats on all the sweetness!
Yea i did ac big time for a few years. I did the hi roller thing. I go every week end. I go much easyer on the $$$ The slot in my picture is a $5000 per hit. At the winn..

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i have 50 lbs i will have some one look at it to see if theres any silver in it . Then i will sell it,,,,

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you got them all off the magnet, none are silver because silver is not magnetic, but you might have some valueable coins(we're talking a few bucks, not a few hundred bucks), you never know!
When i have 50 lbs i will have some one look at it to see if theres any silver in it . Then i will sell it,,,,

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive Numbers TimZim.

2700 40% = 399.31 Toz
700 90% = 253.18 Toz.

For a yearly total of 652.49 toz or at todays melt of $28.05 (current spot) = $18,302.00 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Nicely Done.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive Numbers TimZim.

2700 40% = 399.31 Toz
700 90% = 253.18 Toz.

For a yearly total of 652.49 toz or at todays melt of $28.05 (current spot) = $18,302.00 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Nicely Done.
Yes it is good BUT i have been doing boxes for only 9 months not even a year. The 1st silver i ever found crh was a $1000 bag which i found $650 Then pennies for 3 months dimes nicks.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a side note to this post. Some people believe that you can make a good living just CRH'ing. The numbers above prove beyond a doubt that you cannot. TimZim is probably the biggest
CRH we currently have that posts their weekly finds. Three years ago it might have been possible to eek out a living just searching but with the boom in Silver a year ago, EVERYBODY and
their 1/2 sisters have started this hobby.

While some may supplement their income with this hobby, it is really not a hobby that can support even the most meager of lifestyles and this is all based on the presumption that you have
$25,000 or so to play with each week. Subtract out the gas running from bank to bank to dump,(TimZim is different), and pickup minus some fee's here and there it really starts to show
that silver is going away at an alarming rate. A fair payout of the 652.49 toz of silver is roughly 95-97% of spot. Let take 95% because it is easiest for me to do. :laughing7:

18,302 (based on current spot) * 95% = $17,386 and most dealers do not pay that high for 40%'ers. Three years ago, or there abouts, the 2700 40% that TimZim has found
would have been more than likely 1/2 90% instead of 40%. Shows that everybody knows which coins are 90% and also shows that alot of people have no clue that 65-70 are 40%
silver.

Just an observation.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a side note to this post. Some people believe that you can make a good living just CRH'ing. The numbers above prove beyond a doubt that you cannot. TimZim is probably the biggest
CRH we currently have that posts their weekly finds. Three years ago it might have been possible to eek out a living just searching but with the boom in Silver a year ago, EVERYBODY and
their 1/2 sisters have started this hobby.

While some may supplement their income with this hobby, it is really not a hobby that can support even the most meager of lifestyles and this is all based on the presumption that you have
$25,000 or so to play with each week. Subtract out the gas running from bank to bank to dump,(TimZim is different), and pickup minus some fee's here and there it really starts to show
that silver is going away at an alarming rate. A fair payout of the 652.49 toz of silver is roughly 95-97% of spot. Let take 95% because it is easiest for me to do. :laughing7:

18,302 (based on current spot) * 95% = $17,386 and most dealers do not pay that high for 40%'ers. Three years ago, or there abouts, the 2700 40% that TimZim has found
would have been more than likely 1/2 90% instead of 40%. Shows that everybody knows which coins are 90% and also shows that alot of people have no clue that 65-70 are 40%
silver.

Just an observation.
I save all that i find and plan to keep it for 10 years am allmost 56 so it might help with my retirement. So for me it my ira i work for my self and i love doing it!! Many people could live on it ?? if they had the ?? $10,000 to $20,000 to do the 50 to 60 boxes a week. This winter am going to try doing 100 plus boxes a week!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save all that i find and plan to keep it for 10 years am allmost 56 so it might help with my retirement. So for me it my ira i work for my self and i love doing it!! Many people could live on it ?? if they had the ?? $10,000 to $20,000 to do the 50 to 60 boxes a week. This winter am going to try doing 100 plus boxes a week!!

Honest TimZim, the post was just informational. A couple of years ago people were losing their jobs and could live on what they found. I do not believe they can now, it has diminished that much.
The volume you do now, compared to just a short time ago, would be Night and Day difference in your finds.

I to, am in my 50's and I CRH but I also buy when I can. Anything under $30.00 right now is a bargain in my opinion. I still have 15 years before retirement and hope to accumulate alot
of that shiny little stuff...:headbang: as well to supplement out the "Golden Years".....

HH

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Congrats, Tim Zim !

It didn't take you long to get to the top of the heap.

More silver to ya. You're where most of us want to be.

Keep on rollin' !

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest TimZim, the post was just informational. A couple of years ago people were losing their jobs and could live on what they found. I do not believe they can now, it has diminished that much.
The volume you do now, compared to just a short time ago, would be Night and Day difference in your finds.

I to, am in my 50's and I CRH but I also buy when I can. Anything under $30.00 right now is a bargain in my opinion. I still have 15 years before retirement and hope to accumulate alot
of that shiny little stuff...:headbang: as well to supplement out the "Golden Years".....

HH
I think your 100% right to day i picked up a 10 oz bar for $318 and 51 90% for $500 most were walkers and bens with 5 1964 and 7 barbers 1 seated a few dimes and a half dime and a barber 25 cent for $130 . I allso got a 10oz for my 2nd girl shes getting married sat its part of her gift. Silver is a bargin right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread