A treasure hunters memories

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
dig, you don't need to apologize for me, thanks anyway. Ken has been around the block enough to know that if you state
you are leaving you must mean it. If but a ploy to seek some other goal maybe you and other members can convince him
to stay on and reveal more secrets of the trade.

I am no judge of his or anyone's sincerity. You, however, seem willing to cast darts indiscriminantly.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig, you don't need to apologize for me, thanks anyway. Ken has been around the block enough to know that if you state
you are leaving you must mean it. If but a ploy to seek some other goal maybe you and other members can convince him
to stay on and reveal more secrets of the trade.

I am no judge of his or anyone's sincerity. You, however, seem willing to cast darts indiscriminantly.

:nono: To the contrary my darts are very astutely chosen and thrown with precision accuracy. If however my aim was off on this particular occasion, then I apologize. :-\

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Accepted. BTW I surely didn't want Ken to up and leave so soon. I wanted to hear more about his friend KvM. Not many left
who sat at his feet.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed, have not read all K.V.M.s works but would like to. almost seems like another time but alot is still relevant.

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Well guys I am back for just a bit,I have been getting ready to leave the Philippines so I will write just a little,This one is for lastleg to read and especially the newbies,at no time have I insinuated to go on anyones property without permission,Ask permission and get a signed contract,that way there is no doubt,also for the newbies,there are hidden dangers even with permission,like snakes,ticks,poison spiders,and always keep a eye out for old wells and cisterns. I fell into a covered old cellar one time so be carefull............Kenjmor

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
This one will be a tale of mystery and murder,It all started
when a wealthy man moved to a Missouri small town in the
1850's,he bought slaves with him,and purchased land and
had his slaves dig clay and fire it into bricks,he built a big
brick mansion,when the civil war broke out,he was tortured
and killed to reveal his hiding place for his money,every one
thought the redlegs got his money.Fast forward to 1940's
a hired black man was working for the new land owners
the new owner,s wife wanted a garden plowed behind the
house,while the black man hitched up a team the new
owners went to town,the black man started to plow up
behind the house and the plow hooked onto a metal
handle made of thick wire,he tried to get the wire out
it was hooked to a long copper bucket that had been sealed
with lead,the black man rolled it to his old car and got a
wood plank and moved it in his car and quickly went home
where his mother lived at and put the bucket in the corn
crib and covered it with ears of corn,he went back and
finished plowing.When he got off work he managed to
get the bucket open,it was full of old gold coins,he took
a few out and hid the bucket again in the corn crib,he then
took the gold coins and tried to sell them at the local bank,
the banker contacted the sherrif and the sherrif took the
black man out and tried to get him to tell where the got the
gold,we don,t know if the black man talked or not,but the
money was gone from the crib,and the black man ended
up floating in the river.This was told by the mans mother
to me in the late 1960,s.I cannot give names for obvious
reasons.........Kenjmor

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Everyone wants me to write a book,but I have no idea how to do it,I might try when I am the States again........Kenjmor

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need to write it yourself, just find a writer that can work with you, and help polish your great material.
It sounds like you are retired, it could be a fun project. Too many great stories fade away without being told.
Put me down for two copies.

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Well friends I am back in the USA waiting for a operation,I am in the process of writing a ebook and have titled it "TREASURE HUNTER SECRETS" i have about three chapters wrote so far,I don't want to leave this world without revealing my secrets of succesful treasure hunting,Merry Christmas all.....Ken

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Merry Christmas to you Kenjmor. A speedy recovery wished as well.
Book anticipated!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic, a true "Treasure Tale." It's stories like these that keep the liquid gold pumping thru our hearts. Hearing about gold, happiness, profit/loss is what makes it all so exciting. Finding gold shares the same feeling as you creating something brand new. It's yours, you made it/found it, the nugget much like a snow flake will not match anyone elses.
I think that Gold gives humans hope. Hope that not everything gets done away by Mother Nature and Time. Maybe instead of embalming fluid I'll have them inject liquid gold into me hahaha;).
Keep advancing, keep searching. While the rest of the world buildes up into the sky I will remain down here, still hunting and finding wonders Veil'd over by dust and decay.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kenjmor2006-
Please check this website out: Dragon - Dragon NaturallySpeaking - Nuance
It's an absolutely wonderful software that seems tailored to what you are looking for. Just sit and talk outloud, the comp. will learn your voice and you will be so happy with how easy it is for Talk-to-Txt.
I have two relatives that use the software, both over 65yrs old. Physically writing the books is out of the question due to Arthritis, I mentioned this to both of them almost two years ago and one of them has a full 450 page memoir already!!!
Top of the line software, $75 for basic, $150 for premium, practically peanuts for this type of Software.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut treasures

I am old now and can only remember the getting up early before sunrise and getting ready to start my treasure hunting day,I remember the caches I have found,also the disappointments to find the treasure gone,I remember how excited I was to find two different guerilla camps in cedar county missouri,one on horse creek and the other on cedar creek ,also a guerilla graveyard,I am sad I never had the time to follow up on a lot of stories I had in that area.I am also sad that a lot of history is being rapidly erased.My day dreams are always on stories I have heard but never checked out.To you young treasure hunters get it while you can because time is against you. Good hunting everyone....Kenjmor
You are never to old to find treasures. Best of luck to all of us Old Timers \

doc holiday

Greenie
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why is it your problem if someone does something differently from you? Hearing a good story is second to being there yourself.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
These are some great posts, well written and inspiring. Some great reading. Thanks.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

moonshiner

Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Kenjmoor hope your surgery turned out for the better. I live 10 miles from cedar creek and fish at caplinger mills all year, I have a friend who lives on cedar creek on which has a cave overlooking to the south. My friend one day decided to dig around in the cave and has found an unbeivable amount of indian artifacts, I myself being from the area and never been a treasure hunter have found your stories fascinating. Reminds me of my grandfather telling stories, who is long gone and I miss the stories and adventures he had. You inspire me to start my adventures of the area other than the crappie, if you ever come to this area I would be more than helpfull in helping you to keep your adventures going as I miss having someone to learn from again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread