What's new

Advice and help locating a book

PatrickD

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
908
Reaction score
706
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone offer a suggestion on where to obtain a copy of:

Spanish Trail of Gold
Robert Burch
1935

I have looked at old book sites and only find the title listed in various forums.

Thanks,

Patrick
 
ABE Books....No.
Bookfinder....No.
Amazon......No.
So, now what I do is check if the book even exists and the best way (for a U.S. book) is to search at the Library of Congress.
Which came up as zilch. British Library......Zilch. Amicus (Canadian Libraries).....Zilch.
This means one of two things:
The book is so rare all the major world library sites don't have it. Highly unlikely!
Or something is wrong with your spelling of the author or title.
I'd go back to the drawing board and find out EXACTLY what the title and author is.
Good luck.
Dave.
 
Hi Dave,

The information is accurate. It is just one of those self published pamphlet documents made from folding paper in half and stapling them together. While it was copyrighted, no copy was filed with the Library of Congress (I checked.)

It will come down to a personal collection I suppose. I will have to find someone willing to sell their copy.

Patrick
 
Hi Dave, The information is accurate. It is just one of those self published pamphlet documents made from folding paper in half and stapling them together. While it was copyrighted, no copy was filed with the Library of Congress (I checked.) It will come down to a personal collection I suppose. I will have to find someone willing to sell their copy. Patrick

Hmmm! This IS going to be difficult. Get CREATIVE! Offer a (modest) reward to find a copy..... check the geneology (spell?) of the family to find next of kin to track down a copy..... See if he had anything else published and check with his publicist. Just some thoughts. TTC
 
Oh, I would definitely pay premium for a copy. I collect books.
 
E-Bay has a items wanted section, its like a classified. I went with my wife yesterday to a free book exchange place in Baltimore. I did not see any treasure books, I was looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom