Alaska Gold Panning Concentrates And Honest Shipping!

Ky Hunter

Greenie
Feb 27, 2009
Re: Alaska Gold Panning Concentrates @ $2 Per Pound, And Honest Shipping!

Has anyone received there order and did it pan out ok. Looking to try my hand at panning. Any info or advice will be appreciated. Thanks Bob

rws51

May 12, 2009

My concentrates came today and it looks to have alot of flour gold in it. My coin hunting buddy and I split 50 pounds of concentrates and are buying a blue bowl and a rock crusher to process
the concentrates easier. We should have the blue bowl up and running in a couple of days and will try to get some pics of the gold we recover. Those little flakes of gold are sure pretty in that black sand.

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

Just so everyone knows, we're getting closer to summer. I'll be doing nearby gathering trips around hatcher's pass read about it here http://www.akmining.com/mine/jour131.htm Kenai cons will be $2 per pound still, for Hatcher's they will be $0.50 per pound. Accounting for the fact that I'm only driving about 25 miles to get them. Prices will be largely determined by distance driven.
We are seeking to acquire our own rock crusher to enable sending out the bulk cons from wherever blue bowl ready, or whatever device your using to separate the flour gold. Also in June/July, we have a spot near Denali that also contains flour platinum in nice quantities. We will be supplying that as well as soon as we get properly equipped and the snow melts.

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

For those of you who really want bulk cons I'll do volume discounts. If you buy at least 100 lbs of bulk cons I will set the price at $1.50 per lb. So, if you're a hardcore flour miner and can process 1/4 inch classified cons fast and efficiently, this will be a good deal for you!!!
You will get choice dirt from the best spots Alaska has to offer!

Here's a price chart for orders over 100 lbs...

$300 at $1.50 per lb

+ $75 s & h. total; $375

the total on 150 lbs would be

$225 at $1.50 per lb

+ $56.25 s & h. total; $281.25

the total on 100 lbs would be

$150 at $1.50 per lb

+ $37.50 s & h. total; $187.50

We're fast and responsive, email me at [email protected]

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snowdog - Please take a look at this thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,386049.0.html

It is unfair to the others to allow your ads to continue but I'll give you the opportunity to decide in case you didn't see the post. Charter Membership also is available for only $20 annually.

Due to some recent shenanigans here in the classifieds...

You must now be a Charter Member to post here.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Look at it this way though - Charter Membership is only $5 a month, and you'll be supporting the very website that YOU find so useful! icon_thumleft

If you've already posted an ad here, and you are not a Charter Member, you can still delete your own ad.

Thanks!

Marc Austin
[email protected]

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

Ok, I'm a charter member, starting now!

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

got my cons 2 days ago, thanks Sean. i'll be checkin them out over the weekend :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

Thanks.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dog let us know how it goes!!

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

I'm temporarily suspending new sales until we can adequately address issues down south. Meanwhile for our present customers, I want to assure everyone that for those of you who got less than stellar cons, we will be sending new shipments in full at the conclusion of this week's search. We're watching as the icepacks retreat.
We don't salt, however in our hastiness to get out for the spring/summer we've been limited in mobility and overall effectiveness. Fortunately the icepack is retreating fairly fast. This is a picture from the main Kenai newspaper yesterday
images.jpg

When I was there about 10 days ago, this area was completely iced over.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dogpound, how did they turn out? i ordered mine 2 weeks ago, not here yet, can't wait.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Recieved my cons from AK. they don't pan bad but you will get out more of the flour gold if you have a blue bowl or a small sluice. WOW then that is when you see the flour come out of the sands. These r good cons.. :icon_thumright:

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF

Freddy,
Take a picture for us.

Makton

rws51

May 12, 2009

I ordered a bucket sluice and a Tsunami T500 pump yesterday to process my cons with. My buddy has a blue bowl on order so we can compare which device does the best job of recovering more fine gold. The sluice and the pump cost me around 60.00 shipped, so anyone buying these cons might want to consider this option to recover the fine gold. The gold is too fine to pan.... or at least it is for me with no panning experience. If you google " bucket sluice " you can see the mini sluice in action......................Roger

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was just saying a blue bowl or concentrator sluice works better and we are going to help my daughter move soon as I get back will try to get some pictures posted by monday tuesday the latest. Thanks freddy

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

Hey I've been entering into the world of smelting and learned a trick that may work well too for blue bowls, mini-sluices and the like. Now one thing I forgot to mention before, is that commonly in Alaska there is what is known as 'black gold' or rather gold mixed with iron oxides. It seems these cons have a good deal of this type of gold.
What I have been doing is crushing my rocks and sands and classifying through my 100 mesh. Laborious task for sure. But then I have been soaking them in salt and apple cider vinegar for a day or so. From there I dry on the stove in a small cast iron pot and then wash using my gold pan carefully. The flour dust that comes out of the woodwork will surprise you! I have pics and will post them here tomorrow. They are on Bruce's computer from his little USB microscope. But you can see the dust with the naked eye quite well after this short acid treatment. On Monday I'll post pics of my smelt test. We're just waiting on the acetylene shop to open.

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

For all of you who read this thread, I have an update.
Currently I am in the Kenai region processing cons for shipping to both old and new customers. They are getting better, and I'm dropping the price to $1 per pound for now to account to my still limited selection of spots to go. Basically $65 will get you 50 lbs, that includes shipping.
For those of you who paid the $2 price, I'll also be sending you all additional material, upgraded from the last. Reviews have been mixed, so I'm all for fairness. If you got a less than stellar batch at the $2 price and I know who you all are, then as stated before I will be shipping them out by the 12th. And for those who are missing a box, let me know. I'm trying to keep up here!!!

As of late I have been doing rather half-assed attempts at smelting samples via acetylene torch. I'm using the same cons as many have received. Unfortunately my crucibles are for scrap jewelry and tiny. However I'm still getting mini-buttons of gold. If you bought cons from me, and can do so, I highly recommend smelting it down. I'm going by the method outlined on this link http://www.nuggethunters.org/Poormans-Smelting.html they sell around the web some microwave kilns for concentrates for less than $300, these would work well for you city dwellers.

Write me directly to my email if you want any of the new cons. [email protected]

If you just want to order send $65 total to paypal address [email protected] include your shipping address

Lastly I hope to provide a good value to all, any questions or concerns please call 907-740-0535 (Kenai, I'm not in Palmer now)

OP
OP
S

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011

A note to my old buyers and new buyers...

Periodically I intend to send 5 ln samples to a good deal of you. If however I have to many people buying, the samples will be reduced to 1 - 3 lbs.

My dirt I have from last year in Denali is very good, though I have only about half a gallon left, and I'm not giving it up! So when I can get more I will send samples out of that.

Possibly next week sometime when I go to Palmer, I may get some material from Bertha Creek in Turnagin Pass. Maybe 200 - 400 lbs. The story on that creek is back in the early 20th century a man mined around 1,000 ozs from the creek. I have the book that mentions it. The creek is a trickle. I think my bathtub has a greater flow rate!

I won't even class those cons, just dry and send if I get any. There is a good deal of bedrock the creek flows over, so in getting those cons, I'll be scraping out the bedrock as much as possible. I mean, do you really want me to search them first? Nada!
I may send some 1 pounder samples from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread