What's new

Alaskan Nugget 2006

cream43

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
This is my first nugget ever! It weighed in at 4.78 oz and was found at Ganes Creek in August 2006. I found two others on that trip, a .47oz and .24oz. My detector is a White's MXT.
 

Attachments

  • PB080074.webp
    PB080074.webp
    20 KB · Views: 3,057
Upvote 0
Excellent! Monty
 
Very very nice!!!

LeJeuene
 
I love Goooold
 
WOW!! Congratulations. I've heard lots of good stuff about Gaines Creek. I've seen and held nuggets that detectorists have gotten from that area. It must be quite the popular location up there in the land of the midnight sun. Someday I hope to visit Alaska. Do some detecting, panning, fishing.
 
You just gave my tesoro...........um.......man..envy.
 
Awesome huge nugget!! Congrats on that.
Best of luck in all your searches!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
That is a super nugget. Great job. I hope to make it to Alaska too, some day. Hope you find many, many more.
 
So amazingly beautiful!! Gold in ring form sure must be nice, but to find it in its natural state!? WOW is all I can say!
 
Good lord! Someone fire up the defibrillator, my heart just skipped a beat..lol. That's one nice piece of gold formed by the prettiest jeweler...mother earth. WTG

KG
 
Yowsers...me likey! ;D
 
I wonder just how many ounces I would need to find to make a living at the nugget shooting?

I don't know if I could do enough in a year to do that but it sure would be great to do.

What a great nugget.
 
Have you done any panning there? Might be a good hobby to get into also, but you gotta love MDing for nuggets like that! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom