What's new

ANY FISHERMAN HERE?

Big time fisherman here, lots of bass and Walleye around here. The Little Bay de Noc which my town is on the shores of is known as the Walleye capitol of the world. I must admit that I use my free time strictly for metal detecting now and have hung the poles up.
Haven't touched my rods since I started mdin,and I've got 11 of em,4 1/2' to 11' I used to use them all. God Bless Chris
 
worldtalker said:
Haven't touched my rods since I started mdin,and I've got 11 of em,4 1/2' to 11' I used to use them all. God Bless Chris

Dang this addiction lol
 
sonofadigger said:
When you catch them do you make fun of them for getting caught

No I make them tell me where their bigger friends are or I won't release them back to the water. I am a fish whisperer.
 
sonofadigger said:
Growing up down south all I knew about was cat fish I remember my dad bringing em home and putting em in our bathtub before he would clean them and it use to give me nightmares cause they were so big but when I was 7 or so I started going with him and have been hooked ever since (pun intended) my grandpa use to take me noodling with him and would catch everything but fish lol snakes turtles and beavers

I've seen noodling on TV a few times and always thought it was scary. I could only imagine pulling an angry Beaver out of their cozy den by their tail.. With those chompers.. No thanks! The thrill must be pretty intense, however.
 
I've seen noodling on TV a few times and always thought it was scary. I could only imagine pulling an angry Beaver out of their cozy den by their tail.. With those chompers.. No thanks! The thrill must be pretty intense, however.

well i have tried it a few times and its terrifying not knowing whats there but lucky for me its always been fish lol
 
image-793155990.webp

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
You guys use Blum's Almanac Fishing Guides? By the "Signs", scientifically complied?
 
Rebel - KGC said:
You guys use Blum's Almanac Fishing Guides? By the "Signs", scientifically complied?

I just use my 20+ years experience its always worked best for me
 
These are 3 of my grandsons.............we ALL fish
 

Attachments

  • michael.webp
    michael.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 111
  • robert.webp
    robert.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 109
  • no1.webp
    no1.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 107
These are 3 of my grandsons.............we ALL fish


wow those are some nice looking fish...start em young and they will do it for a lifetime
 
Yep, start 'em young. This is my youngest making his first cane pole and the first fish he caught with it. He had caught many fish before but not on a pole he made himself.
 

Attachments

  • pole11.webp
    pole11.webp
    33 KB · Views: 112
  • pole1.webp
    pole1.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I took up fly fishing 4 years ago and usually just stream fish for trout man I do love the taste of trout. Only got out once this season which sucks hopefully better next season
 
packerbacker said:
Yep, start 'em young. This is my youngest making his first cane pole and the first fish he caught with it. He had caught many fish before but not on a pole he made himself.

That's just awesome! I've caught MANY a fish but never on a pole I made myself... seriously awesome. I don't have any kids myself, but I do have nephews I take along for outdoor adventures. They absolutely love it and are always calling me up for the next mission. I'm very tankful for my parents teaching me about the outdoors and I'll make sure to pass that on to my children, when we have them. Definitely values I will pass on and won't die with me.
 
here are pics of my girlfriends first pike and my son's biggest bass


579044_3243644579183_2083310395_n.webp


230670_1781653350316_1500233_n.webp
 
Yeah jt, my son showed my grandson's entire scout pack how to make their own cane poles. The boys really enjoyed it.
 

Attachments

  • poles.webp
    poles.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 100
Yeah jt, my son showed my grandson's entire scout pack how to make their own cane poles. The boys really enjoyed it.

thats awesome i bet they all had a blast ...i sure would like to get ahold of some of those bass you guys have out there 20- 25lbs
 
Our state record for largemouth is about 21-1/2 lbs. Are you talking about a different state or stripers? Striper record is in the 60-some lb range.
 
no im talking about california maybe more south of you thats where the race is on for the world record
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom