Anyone use the Sunray Probe?

Agreed I got the dx-1 on my v3i also its awesome u use it just like a normal probe but the features the v3i gives u with the probé makes it all the better it can anylize just like the bigger coil on the machine itself its one of those gotta have things

I have the Sunray S-1 on my Sov GT and wouldn't be without it, not that the GT needs it with its good pinpointing. The range is seven inches, like a tiny coil.

Got one on my V3i and its great. Got one for my 5900, but never have tried it. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, it sure comes in handy. Plus its always there on the machine !

I got one on my XLT. I didn't like it at first but I like it now. Nice that it's attached to the machine.

******Please read******* IF YOU TAKE ANY ADVICE AT ALL - GET A SUNRAY PROBE - YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!

I have Sun Ray probes on my DFX, XLT, XL Pro, and M6. The TDI has a Mine Lab probe, but that doesn't function anything like a pin pointer. I do not have probes on my Surf PI, BHID 300, or BHID 950 for obvious reasons. I also do not have a probe on my blue box Coinmaster 6000/Di because I need a reason to justify owning my Garrett pin pointer. ;)

I have one on my MXT PRO and love it! I don't think I get as much depth as you guys but I get all I need.....never really measured to see how far it went.

I just moved my DX-1 from my DFX to the V3i (provisionally, until I buy another DX-1 in a few weeks).

These probes are outSTANDing! Once you've started to dig, they let you 'stay in the hole' and find the target--while seeing the VDI # on the detector display.
Nobody who's used a DX-1 would ever go back to a hand-held.

A word of caution,watch any undue pressure you put on the strain relief at the probe,them are some small wires in there and they will break,87.50 repair out of warranty.

How would I know that? :laughing7:

I use one on my M-6 and I love it!

God Bless

Chris

I just moved my DX-1 from my DFX to the V3i (provisionally, until I buy another DX-1 in a few weeks).

These probes are outSTANDing! Once you've started to dig, they let you 'stay in the hole' and find the target--while seeing the VDI # on the detector display.
Nobody who's used a DX-1 would ever go back to a hand-held.

Never had the dfx but I do have the dx-1 on my v3i & the anylizing of the probé is outstanding

I've only recently took notice of the Sunray Probes. I like the fact they give an indication of what your target is by using your detectors id. That's a great help when you get an iffy signal and when you finally probe with the pinpointer you will get a better idea of what the target is. No other pinpointer can do that! So how much more power from your detectors battery life does it use? Is the probe itself weatherproof? Any problems with it? Just curious.

I've only recently took notice of the Sunray Probes. I like the fact they give an indication of what your target is by using your detectors id. That's a great help when you get an iffy signal and when you finally probe with the pinpointer you will get a better idea of what the target is. No other pinpointer can do that! So how much more power from your detectors battery life does it use? Is the probe itself weatherproof? Any problems with it? Just curious.

A coil by itself,uses what your main coil does,completely waterproof,

see post 12.

They were good in their day and still function well.

They were overtaken by Uni probe, especially the pocket version.

In more recent years nearly all UK detectorists use Garrett probes.:icon_thumright: Jerry.

My dfx came with one, I hated it, went with the dfx when I sold. Added weight I didn`t like and I didn`t like the size of the probe. Each to his own though, I prefer the Garrett propointer, my opinion only here.

I had one on my xlt and loved it so much i put one on my vx3. The problem i have seen with the hand held probes that guys/gals have left them behind or forgot them behind.

I to loved having mine on my v3i was a great tool to anylize what was in a hole or somewhere I couldn't get the detector coil,& ya not forgetting it on the ground big plus

Doesn't switching to probe mess up your ground balance? I think that and the additional weight has prevented me from getting one (or two).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back