What's new

Article in W&E Treasures

bobr

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Article in W&E Treasures

They had a really good article on coin roll hunting in the W&E Treasurers magazine I received yesterday. Too good in fact. I predict that the competition is going to increase, at least for a while, exponentially. Then it will drop off as the big finds aren't found each month. It was interesting that they intervied a "Bonnie" from Louisiana who made great finds and was a regular on a coin roll forum. Kind of sounds like our favorite Louisiana coin roll hunter.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Article in W&E Treasures

For those that are worried about it, this isn't even the first story written about CRH which specifically targeted halves. There was a sotry in a coin magazine about a year ago (or was it two years ago). I am guessing that magazine has a bigger circulation, but I could be wrong. Either way, the information was already out there and available and disseminated in a similar fashion. I don't believe that that article had much more of an effect than this article will long term. Now if article after article keeps appearing or the idea gets on a major national TV news show, than yeah that will have an impact.

Either way, it won't affect me much as I mention CRH to people all the time. I will bet almost all I have told about it will never even attempt it because they have zero interest. It takes a certain type of individual or a hobbyist to really get into it. As far as making money CRHing, you will make a little here and there with an occasionally big hit, but in my experience there are much better ways to make money than CRHing. I do it purely as a hobby and if its a hobby that can pay for itself all the better. By the time I look at the costs involved (Gas, etc) and my time, my hourly gain (in silver or rarities) is miniscule if it exists at all. And that is even if I just look at half dollars. If I start looking at the rest of the denominations, it gets even smaller. But since its a hobby and not a business, I don't look at my overall numbers as profit versus cost and just enjoy it.
 
Re: Article in W&E Treasures

GMan00001 said:
For those that are worried about it, this isn't even the first story written about CRH which specifically targeted halves. There was a sotry in a coin magazine about a year ago (or was it two years ago).

Yes, it was a little over a year ago. I never read the article but indirectly it got me started in the crazy hobby. Someone I know read it and asked me if I had ever heard of silver being found in change. I honestly said "no" doesn't sound feasible. But, I started thinking about it and gave it a try.

There is a major difference about the two magazines. One is for coin collectors. They usually only want coins in great shape, not circulated ones. W&E Treasures is focused on people that want treasure in any shape or form. The W&E story should have a much bigger impact. But as mentioned several times already many will read it and not be interested in trying. My MD buddy has seen all my best CRH finds and is not the least bit interested in CRHing.

Just my 2 franklin opinion ;D
 
Re: Article in W&E Treasures

Arizona Bob said:
lejeuene said:
Raptor686 said:
To say this article wont have much of an effect on CRH'ing is ridiculous. One person has plenty of
effect. I wont be tutti-frutti about it - this "scripted" happening started about a year ago on here, and ended with this. Preplanned, signed and delivered. I couldnt figure out the exact agenda prior, but
knew there was one..... too funny. Anyone left here that even can put 2+2 together ? LOL I mean really,you cant publish a story about a few people finding a few 40% can ya ? That would be too boring to print. You need BANZAI madness to give people TREASURE FEVER :)

I wonder if they would like "my" story. Ill send it over haha.

This is truly hilarious. Thanks for the laugh....especially the part about being scripted/agenda....preplanned....signed and delivered. Where did that come from? Where ever it came from....it was funny. But I am curious about just how you came up with that one. That surely is a broad statement to make so maybe you care to elaborate? ??? You can do it here or in a message to me...either way works for me. You say your not being tutti-frutti but you really are are being tutti-frutti by not saying what is really on your mind......MAN UP!! Don't beat around the bush. What is this scripted agenda...preplanned...signed and delivered notion you are conjuring up???

I was approached for this article. I didn't approach anyone. I didn't even know the article was out until I was contacted by some members here. I just happened to find this site by chance for MD'ing purposes. After spending some time browsing I found this "coin roll hunting" section and decided to give it a try & had some success doing it. There are alot more folks out there that have way more success. It is all innocent Raptor so maybe you should just back off a bit.

It is okay to have a difference of opinion of how this will effect CRH'ing in general. I have no problem with that at all. I will listen to everyones points on the subject and maybe learn a thing or two. That was how I learned to CRH....by listening to others....the "old salts" as I have referred to them in the past. They were generous enough to share their knowledge. When newbies came along.....I helped them as much as possible. It is a great hobby so why not share knowledge. The only reason I can think someone would not share knowledge on the subject is greed. That is not my MO.

So if you think there was some agenda...plan or whatever.....that is your peragative & opinion to which you are entitled....but still funny I must say. Is sour grapes playing into this.....I sure hope that is not the case....geeeez....that would be very immature!!! But then again.............

Anyway quit that tutti-fritti stuff and MAN UP!!! ;) Like I said...here or in a message....either works for me.

Again....Happy Holidays to all and may the silver pour down on you.

LJ


Hey Bonnie! Who is writing your posts now? Your last two responses don't seem to follow the "style" of the majority of your past posts. Where is your trademark "ha" after every couple of sentences?

You're gettin too serious now. Gimme a "HA"! and Smile. You're one heck of a CRH'er!

Okay Bob....here ya go buddy......... :) :) :)......ha! Sorry......I caught one of those moments in my last post. It was good to get it off of my chest though. I tell ya...I feel sooo much better now...... ;).

The post that spurred my previous one belongs in the "Comedy Central" section.....ha! I am still tickled about that one.

Thanks Bob for bringing me back.....your right....I took it too serious. Don't worry.....it's all good now....... ;). In the big scheme of things....look at what were conversing about. There are way more important things in life to worry about....phew......thanks again Bob!! Just for you.....ha...... ;D!

Happy Holidays to all.........I hope Santa fills your stockings full of silver.......
 
Re: Article in W&E Treasures

Bonnie, It sounds like me and some others are already "Full of It" (not just our stockings)
Happy Holidays to you and Randy, you are great friends and you have been a wealth of help to me in this new addiction I have. Take care of yourselves and I hope to see you in January. Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom