allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well this morning I got to the house that yesterday I was given permission to detect and right off the bat I started getting decent signals and in the first four plugs I found 2 wheaties dated 1947 and 1924 and and a nice looking silver 1956 washington quarter.
After this the finds slowed down considerably then found two clad dimes in about a foot section. But id only been there about 45 minutes so I wasnt ready to go.
A few sweeps of my ace later I got a good quarter signal at 6 inches. Pushed my shovel through the ground, scanned the plug and it was saying the quarter was in my plug. I broke my plug into two sections and there she was, a 1948 quarter. My second silver one of the day.
Then came my company, the two gals who gave me permission to detect along with one of the womens husbands who asked me what the F'ing hell are you doing on my property? I looked at the women and said they gave me permission to detect and he said they dont f'ing own the land, I do.
Needless to say, I left before ending up in the county jail for kicking his a$$ for been so rude and the womens a$$e$ also for lying to me.
Anyways I did leave with a few nice coins.
have a great day of detecting,
Allen

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
I had the same thing happen to me about two weeks ago. A man gave me permission to hunt. I went the next day and started hunting. I dug three relics when a six year old girl came up to me and said her Mom told her to come out and tell me to quit hunting. I told her that the man of the house gave me permission to hunt and she said her Mom was the boss. I believe I could have beat the six year old in a fair fight but I was scared of the Mom. ;D
Dman

LMAO Dman!!! :sign10: :sign10: :sign10: :sign10:
Classic!!! :thumbsup:
-MM-

trixster

Nov 4, 2007
Mount Savage Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sounds like he was a just a ray of sunshine :icon_sunny: I don't understand people sometimes :icon_scratch: but anyway I guess ya did the right thing .......wanna borrow my buddy bogart and go back ;D pic of bogart included

Attachments

• misc pic 052.jpg
    misc pic 052.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,165

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov said:
BuckleBoy said:
I think you should've kicked some A$$. Next time, break your shovel over their heads. :tongue3:

Hey BB.. you forgot to add .. "... In your mind.." to that statement. As much as we would all like to take out our frustrations on the "evil doers" such as that rude SOB that ran him off (or have accosted us or given us a hard time while we peacefully tried to go about our hobby) We have to remember that each one of us represents ALL OF US as a whole. We must all be courteous and polite even when the situation has our guts thinking more along the lines of doing physical harm to the person(s) confronting us. Yeah, It's aggravating and frustrating and down right pisses us off! But in the long run the best course of action is Innaction.. simply pack up and move along and try somewhere else another day. Beats putting us all in a bad light or worse still, having to call the spouse or a family member to come post bail to get us out of jail for letting the SOB's have what they deserve. <grin>
Ok Ok Ok.. so I'm too much of a Boy Scout sometimes.. that's just the way I am. But in my mind.. that SOB is wearing knots and dents on his head and perhaps missing a few teeth.. so he's having a hard time saying "Thit!" <laughing>
Better luck next time dude.. and next time you ask for and get permission to hunt a property, you might want to somehow or another ask if the person GIVING the permission is the property owner or has any say so at all in the matter. Written permission is good, but how many of us go that far for every property we try to get permission to hunt? Keep up your spirits.. all that silver should help some.. and maybe talk to that A'H's next door neighbors and see if they are more amenable to letting you detect their property.. <laughing> P'off the guy that was so rude if he sees you detecting NEXT DOOR and he can't do squat about it.

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Frodov, you've bound to know my posts well enough by now to know that I always advocate doing everything that's BAD publicity for the hobby... ::)

I've been in situations just as bad or worse and kept my cool. Situations that made me wanna retire from MDing early or start hunting parks maybe. :D

-Buck

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
..that sucks... but.. not a lot you can do.. the bad thing about saying anything back.. esp if it is a small town.. if he starts talking.. saying you were a jerk them bam... you aren't going to get permission anywhere.. I've had people cuss at me for just asking!! So I just have turned around and walked away.. but I have also had people who have not only said yes.. but then got me permission at other places too... on their own! So.. it all balances out in the end..

I have only been kicked out of one place... and it was my fault... I climbed his horse fence.. never even thought about it at the time.... there was no gate on that side.. and I could not slide under.. so I went over... came back and found a note on my Jeep telling me he didn't want me breaking his fence. please don't come back!!! The worst part.. I was there once and dug a medium fork tongue buckle... and a bunch of bullets...

MB

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the reasons, actually the main reason, I do not knock on doors. Stick with people you know. Aquaintances and such. The world is full of people like this. We also stay away from public places and stick to the woods. I know some of us have no other choice, I'm just glad I do. Sorry you had to deal with this awkward situation. Hogge

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
wanna really piss him off? send him a letter apologizing for the misunderstanding and thanking him for the opportunity to hunt his property and enclose a pic (photoshop if you have to) of you holding up 2 gold bars ;D

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I stay out of peoples yards for the most part. We are all better off not starting anything though, because it always looks bad against the hobby. The cat with the shovel and detector always comes out looking like a schmuck. From an outsiders viewpoint we probably look like the Rainbow people showing up or something. We are tolerated (at best) by the "uprights" (slang for people who don't metal detect). "Ahh cheez, Edith! Here they come again...digging holes and leavin' a big mess. Why da they hafta dig here, hunh Edith? (How many people on here are old enough to know who I'm talking about here?)

HH,
Ramapirate

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
You would have kicked the women's @$$es for lying to you?

Where I live, that's looked down upon. I know you were probably being facetious, but little kids read this and we don't need any more future domestic abusers.

Joe

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
This is one of the reasons, actually the main reason, I do not knock on doors. Stick with people you know. Aquaintances and such. The world is full of people like this. We also stay away from public places and stick to the woods. I know some of us have no other choice, I'm just glad I do. Sorry you had to deal with this awkward situation. Hogge

My list of Acquaintancces ran out about a decade ago. :-\

I've gotten pretty brazen now--I'll ask just about anybody. I'll even ask five people in order to track one person down.

-Buckles

P.S.--Domestic Abusers Suck. Keep the forum Rated "G" like a Disney Movie. :D

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
twistdd, no I would never hit a woman, unless it was a life or death situation...I was referring to the gentleman who was swearing and telling me to leave his property...the ladies i wouldve just said, thanks for lying to me, have a great day...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever thought about why this guy was an A.H.? He could've been hung over, Not gotten anything the night before, and the woman who gave permission could've been narcissitic, the type who get off on seeing other people getting hurt, (feelings, or physically)? I know two very Narcissistic wimmen and I steer clear of them....... they tell stories about ya behind yer back just to see ya get hurt, it makes them feel good, and the center of attention. It does not hurt to pop those kinds a few times ( when no one is around ) I am normally not a violent person, But I can be provoked!........NGE The best thing to tell a guy like this is; Have a nice day and walk away.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, cheez Edith, they're at it again. Like a bunch a gophers over there, just diggin' away.

HH,
Ramapirate

Attachments

• Archie.jpg
    Archie.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 835

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramapirate said:
Ahhh, cheez Edith, they're at it again. Like a bunch a gophers over there, just diggin' away.

HH,
Ramapirate

I'm gonna set that boy straight, or him and I are gonna have a squarin' off! Cmon over here with me, ladies. I'm gonna flex my Muscles and Tell that Boy off, and I know y'all will enjoy watching. :D

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I think you should've kicked some A$$. Next time, break your shovel over their heads. :tongue3:
I've lost too many shovels than I care to count this way. :D Heck, I'm on my third shovel this month. :o

gmstreet

Jul 29, 2007
Elkins, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
wanna really piss him off? send him a letter apologizing for the misunderstanding and thanking him for the opportunity to hunt his property and enclose a pic (photoshop if you have to) of you holding up 2 gold bars ;D
And / Or ask him if you can still come visit the ladies.... LOL!!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That guy definitely has other issues..and so do the "ladies."

Just imagine what probably went on in that place after you left ;D

Anyone who's been at this hobby enough have similar stories, but what matters is how you handle the situation.

I'd say you handled yours well.

Nat

catchdogcross

Sep 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tiger Shark
allen said:
Well this morning I got to the house that yesterday I was given permission to detect and right off the bat I started getting decent signals and in the first four plugs I found 2 wheaties dated 1947 and 1924 and and a nice looking silver 1956 washington quarter.
After this the finds slowed down considerably then found two clad dimes in about a foot section. But id only been there about 45 minutes so I wasnt ready to go.
A few sweeps of my ace later I got a good quarter signal at 6 inches. Pushed my shovel through the ground, scanned the plug and it was saying the quarter was in my plug. I broke my plug into two sections and there she was, a 1948 quarter. My second silver one of the day.
Then came my company, the two gals who gave me permission to detect along with one of the womens husbands who asked me what the F'ing hell are you doing on my property? I looked at the women and said they gave me permission to detect and he said they dont f'ing own the land, I do.
Needless to say, I left before ending up in the county jail for kicking his a$$ for been so rude and the womens a$$e$ also for lying to me.
Anyways I did leave with a few nice coins.
have a great day of detecting,
Allen

Hey Allen, sorry you got run off that property... I know exactly how you feel. Many years ago I ran a rogue lunch truck, I pretty much went to any site I wanted honked my horn and who ever wanted to eat came out and ate. I learned to read
"the look" of a pissed off supervisor po'ed about me being on his site without permission, they usually stomped in my direction with the quickness. Soon as I saw "the look" I collected my loot and hauled outta there only to return again the next day, this went on for years... Since then I have since seen "the look" while out md'ing and depending the type of permission I had to be there (types being "have" or "don't have") determines my course of action, generally I haul outta there before they approach. Cops are to be avoided at all costs, I see a cop I'm gone... God, I hate "the look"...
Catchdog
ps
get out to the hunting site asap! never give a landowner time to think over giving you permission, they will almost always rethink the decision out of greed...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Catch, is that the same look we get from our significant others just before they lay into us ::)? Or when we were kids, and our moms would give us the look :angry2:?.........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions