What's new

Attn: CRUSADER! Ancient Coin Spill - Need ID!

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they're real! I think I might have seen that bottom one before. :wink:
 

Attachments

  • Ancient_Coin_Spill.webp
    Ancient_Coin_Spill.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 668
"Supposedly operates" is a good way to put it. Unwitting sellers can operate in small towns anywhere.
 
Upvote 0
It appears that scammers can operate at will on the internet if residing overseas. You would think that eBay would want to stop these people because they are scamming off of eBays good reputation.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
It appears that scammers can operate at will on the internet if residing overseas. You would think that eBay would want to stop these people because they are scamming off of eBays good reputation.
A little while ago eBay implemented a policy where listed art had to be professionally certified/authenticated and the professional had to be cited in the description. That became a joke in itself. Again, I can't speak to coins.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
It appears that scammers can operate at will on the internet if residing overseas. You would think that eBay would want to stop these people because they are scamming off of eBays good reputation.


They do stop them. I might start to sound like a broken record with the fake watches thing, but I'm a member of a forum that has a fake section, and these guys write Ebay on every fake listed (for their brand) and Ebay does take them off. It's got to be at least 25 a week and when I go back a day or two and click the links the auction was cancelled.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
It appears that scammers can operate at will on the internet if residing overseas. You would think that eBay would want to stop these people because they are scamming off of eBays good reputation.


They do stop them. I might start to sound like a broken record with the fake watches thing, but I'm a member of a forum that has a fake section, and these guys write Ebay on every fake listed (for their brand) and Ebay does take them off. It's got to be at least 25 a week and when I go back a day or two and click the links the auction was cancelled.
Yes you are correct, eBay does remove them... but the Liberty scammers, that I posted here, have their own website and are pretending to be eBay and are using eBays logo.. They are in no way affiliated with eBay and it appears eBay has no way of stopping them..

ADDED: sorry for getting off topic from the coins posted
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom