Bank from a bike

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres this bank thats about 3 minutes away from my place on car. I want to dump there and my mom isn't gonna go there she said she'll take me there every saturday. I want to go on a weekday because I don't feel like waiting every week to go to one bank. So I'm wondering should I ride my bike there? I'm only 11 and I don't know if banks let kids in with no adult. There is a sidewalk that leads all the way to the bank. Should I ride my bike alone to the bank?

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't think it is the safest idea, you're 11, most banks are off of a major road/crowded road, I am sure you can do it no problem, but the thing I would be worried about are careless/drunk drivers.
Be safe!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do it.

I rode my bike 7 miles to school in the year 1995 - when I Was 11.

You know how to cross the road. You know how to look both ways.

You will just need to work with a decent teller, who doesn't mind that you are not a adult. Although age discrimination is illegal in some areas.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the bank dealing with you because of your age, they most likely will. In fact, being only 11 might get you more leeway than an adult when it comes to dumping coins.

As far as riding your bike to the bank, that should be your mother's decision.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That should be your mothers decision - true.

Bring a bike LOCK! Show her how responsible you are. Buy your OWN bike lock for this hobby.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Good ideas people. I'm gonna ask my mom about this :) Thanks everyone!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 16.. I always walk into the banks myself or with my Dad. I look more like 21 being 6' 3'' 275 lbs. I'm a big dude. Anyway to your original question about riding the bike, just be careful and signal. Don't carry large amounts of coin, and make sure they are secure, as it would be very embarrassing picking up $100 in Pennies on the highway after you wiped out.

Just my 2 cents. And i'm keeping it.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres this bank thats about 3 minutes away from my place on car. I want to dump there and my mom isn't gonna go there she said she'll take me there every saturday. I want to go on a weekday because I don't feel like waiting every week to go to one bank. So I'm wondering should I ride my bike there? I'm only 11 and I don't know if banks let kids in with no adult. There is a sidewalk that leads all the way to the bank. Should I ride my bike alone to the bank?

I would i would walk 2 miles to school everyday when i was a kid,build character and is a good way to stay in shape, as for being 11 it's actually illegal i believe to discriminate by age, if a real problem arises you can always go to the Federal Reserve System for help,

The federal reserve is the central bank of the united states,they control the money supply and are in charge when it comes to bank regulating.

Just remember the federal reserve is here to help YOU:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
kevinbomb123 said:
I would i would walk 2 miles to school everyday when i was a kid,build character and is a good way to stay in shape, as for being 11 it's actually illegal i believe to discriminate by age, if a real problem arises you can always go to the Federal Reserve System for help,

The federal reserve is the central bank of the united states,they control the money supply and are in charge when it comes to bank regulating.

Just remember the federal reserve is here to help YOU:icon_thumleft:

It's illegal to go in a bank alone or ride my bike alone? Or both? Thanks

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ever since i was 12 i bike to the bank, 4 miles with 2 boxes on my backpack. I also carry a knife, but leave that outside once you go in the bank. since they knew me, they let me in every time

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
sagthegreat said:
ever since i was 12 i bike to the bank, 4 miles with 2 boxes on my backpack. I also carry a knife, but leave that outside once you go in the bank. since they knew me, they let me in every time

Good Idea! I never thought about wearing a backpack!

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Yay! My mom said I can go! She showed me the way there by car today! Yay!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG - this too funny.

Bike Lock my boy, bike lock.

I steal bikes ALL the time, so watch out! <-- kidding.

OP
OP
jkng

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
CoinFetcher said:
OMG - this too funny.

Bike Lock my boy, bike lock.

I steal bikes ALL the time, so watch out! <-- kidding.

Haha!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
As far as riding your bike to the bank--that decision is between you and your parents. I used to ride my bike to the bank, and I used the drive thru window. Even waited in line with the other cars and waited my turn. Got some crazy looks but I did not want my bike stolen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread