Basic signs and symbols you have found

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pick1.jpg pick2.jpg pick3.jpg

I am researching a area I believe the Padre La Rue and his followers were working. This is not the only pick I have found. Normally I find pick heads, and this was my first complete pick I found.

Now I have located a concealed silver mine which I am unable to access. I dont understand how to get around the capstone. It would take a small team and knowledge to access the mine.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there mdog. i found some metal wire at two different sites,that i believe are very important,or should i say cache sites,maybe,. the two sites are over 2 miles apart.but the wire was used in the same manner and the same type of wire.but i belive the wire is much newer than the worked stones they where with. so i know someone else was there and figured something is going on here.i dont know if they left it there so a person would think that the cache was found or what? the wire quality is very good too.very strong wire,no rust,just black in color.you can keep bending it and it wont break.good stuff.but i dont think that it was left by the stone carvers.those guys dont leave anything behind but worked stones.thats why i say the two wood piles i found have some type of use,beside firewood.like a sign or barricade. those guys are just to resourceful to leave any waste from what i have seen. yes mdog, i believe there where springs there years ago,but from what i have read,that from the farmers and ranchers drilling wells for irrigation use over the years has dropped the water table to where the springs in the mountains are dry.i have heard that there is still one up there that drips,but i havent found it yet. yes there have been Indians there for years,but from what i read the stayed down in the desert most of the time,but went up in the mountains when danger was coming. yes mdog i have found some very small stone shapes,and stone patterns on the ground that i belive was done bye man,maybe indians or whoever. since it to hard for me to still understand it all,i just look to see if its has been worked by man and leave it at that,maybe on down the road when or if i ever get better,ill try and put it to a certain group.thanks. i like your photos and info. you have put out. to bad for the vandals at your site.take care.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D
these two stones dont look natural to me,the angals seem odd for natural. View attachment 644965

DTH, the Snake Heads seem to be important and I would suggest some other searches of the area. I believe the snake head is a direction, and what do snakes crawl out of? Holes. Good Luck.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog, i belive the snake and bearded man? are looking east to south east. thanks for that info.on the shape maybe, being assyrain,babylonian.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a small cut stone patteren that i seen on the ground that dosent fit in with all the other dark rough brown stones on this mountain side. i was told it was natural, but i dont belive that. this stones just dont match with all the others,to light and smooth. + lookat the shape of the stone in the circle.i belive done by man View attachment 645032 View attachment 645033

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog,here is a horse head rock that i found,that you can move with your foot.its only about 8 inches long.i ound the exact same horse head stone as this in another area,but is about 4 foot long but you cant move it with your foot,i was looking for that photo but havent found it yet.when i do ill post it.it pretty cool to see its twin.but much larger,i think it was done by the same stone mason,the shape is that close. View attachment 645037

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Dog,

Is the spot with the small horse head related in some way with the spot that has the man with a beard?

Rick

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trip East

Need help? I:treasurechest: can make a trip East if need be.

We before you go, let me post some super pictures when I take my next trip out. The picks are part of a series of triangles that make up a cross. I also have found small hidden holes covered over with fake rock.........this area has been hinted before and Im not sure where to begin.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mdog, yes the horse head is close to the ,snake,bearded man?.i guess about 50 yards. and i believe related to it. alot of signs in that area.and iam sure there are more,iam just not good enough to spot them all.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
D

DTH, the Snake Heads seem to be important and I would suggest some other searches of the area. I believe the snake head is a direction, and what do snakes crawl out of? Holes. Good Luck.
That rock looks like a heart.
Follow the heart like a crossbow like Old Dog told everyone to do about 100 pages back.

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question, About posting educate. When should I make a post or not make a post. I don't want to step on any ones toes.

Thanks The Student Chas

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody know if thom is out of the line of the fires

I haven't checked a map, but I believe he's on the west side of the Continental Divide. That would put him well away from the ones around Colorado Springs and the Denver area.

SherryL

Jun 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your advice. I need to get a camera for better pics. I have a few more pics I would like to share of rocks in the same area. I took the photos from my truck because I hate rattlesnakes. This area has a lot of history. It has an old toll road that was built in the 1800's the road was used to bring supplies from San Diego to the goldmines in Julian. Still has several stone cisterns in the area. And a whole bunch of rattlesnakes!

ForumRunner_20120629_012544.png

ForumRunner_20120629_012306.png

ForumRunner_20120629_012446.png

footxless

Jun 11, 2012
belen
Detector(s) used
garret ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one know what this means. The long end points north south and its a the bottem of a canyon in the manzanos should i be looking for any more signs

DSC00547.JPG

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Sheryl

That last one looks like a big old grumpy turtle hmmm? Plus looks like a bird incorporated into the head.

If it is as big as it looks...you may have quites a way to go to get to the mines..but follow the way it is aligned for more rock fun! (seriously)

The others look real to me too. Welcome and have fun!

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen people post little hearts they've found buried. Here is one I found a while back.

Attachments

• little heart.png
    little heart.png
    609.2 KB · Views: 209

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread