OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0271 (4).JPG IMAG0283 (3).JPG View attachment 790215 View attachment 790216 On bank of east canyon. One appears to be a 'bear-head' and the other a 'horse-head'.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKING DOG ROCK MONUMENT, 'the rocks begin to sing.' PART #3. View attachment 790199 View attachment 790200 Imag0214 Speaking hypothetically: Looks like a 'hound-dog' face profile pointing left at the back filled 'fissure-cavity'. Could this be the dark guardian dog? --------------------- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
I have never fpund a reason to look for anything at a monument. But have heard gold would be buried underneath such monuments. I try not to disturb the monuments, I use evry piece of equipment I have before I probe or dig. I would follow where the dog is pointing after checking the rear of the monument. Let me know what you find.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trailrider:
This photo has a few things to look closer at:

1--The flat area on top, circled in yellow. (top left)
2--Why would someone put black pitch on the two rock surfaces?? (bottom left, circled in yellow)
3--On the right side, the bottom yellow circle is around a turtle's head that has his mouth open.
4--The top yellow circle, right side, is around what looks every bit like a monkey's face.

IMAG0227 (5).JPG

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0319 (4).JPG IMAG0320 (4).JPG NEW LOCATION: Back on the {south-eastern} fork of the canyon. -- Boulder monument with 'face-profile' on canyon floor.

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0321 (4).JPG Small trail directional markers on south east canyon floor

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0322 (4).JPG IMAG0323 (4).JPG Large boulder 'eagle-head monument? Southeast canyon

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trailrider:
This photo has a few things to look closer at:

1--The flat area on top, circled in yellow. (top left)
2--Why would someone put black pitch on the two rock surfaces?? (bottom left, circled in yellow)
3--On the right side, the bottom yellow circle is around a turtle's head that has his mouth open.
4--The top yellow circle, right side, is around what looks every bit like a monkey's face.

View attachment 790792

Trailrider:
There is one good possible reason for that black stuff being used to cover those 2 rock surfaces; if they were one of those "sparkling sun reflectors" like Kenworthy illustrated in his book. If your back was to the east when you took this photo, then that makes it even more probable they ARE sun sign eyecatchers. IF they are, then this monument contains some important info for "them" to take the time to construct a sun reflecting eye catcher. They REALLY wanted this monument to be seen. If that is a reflector (and I think it is), then someone who was working this trail, put that black tar-looking stuff on the reflecting faces to "snuff" them out. Could have been 100 years ago..........or LAST year.......

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0270 (4).JPG Sun sign 'eye-catcher' with conformation markers accompanying it below monument. This is more an 'eye-catcher' because it is facing the afternoon sun {west} and can be seen all afternoon. Compared to the 'sun signs' that can be see for only a couple hours a day around noon, according to Kenworthy on page 41 concerning 'sun and shadow signs. Hypothetically speaking: The 'sun sign' resembles a 'horse-head' representing the Kings mines, 'The King of Spain'.
Trailrider: There is one good possible reason for that black stuff being used to cover those 2 rock surfaces; if they were one of those "sparkling sun reflectors" like Kenworthy illustrated in his book. If your back was to the east when you took this photo, then that makes it even more probable they ARE sun sign eyecatchers. IF they are, then this monument contains some important info for "them" to take the time to construct a sun reflecting eye catcher. They REALLY wanted this monument to be seen. If that is a reflector (and I think it is), then someone who was working this trail, put that black tar-looking stuff on the reflecting faces to "snuff" them out. Could have been 100 years ago..........or LAST year.......
Hey Shortstack, great call. Your intuitive reasoning through the evidence presented is correct! I was standing with my back to the east, when taking this photo and there is a 'sparkling sun reflector' within 50 feet of this monument, down pass it on the bank of the wash.

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trailrider,
Awesome pictures. please keep posting them.

Just an observation, While I am sure catcus grows everywhere there,
that sure is an intimidating patch there, next to the hoyo. Makes
one wonder ???
-Weekender

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0336 (4).JPG IMAG0329 (4).JPG IMAG0330 (4).JPG Monument boulders along wash and bank of southeast canyon. Notice 'sunk-in' eye on turtle monument.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0071 (4).JPG

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights. James 1:17

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0274 (4).JPG SUN SIGN

Good morning, thinking about my next trip out into the mountains. That is where I want to be. My biggest thrill is riding the sand washes of the desert. -- Found what I believe to be a 'sun-sign' as described by Kenworthy in his book: Treasure, signs, symbols.....page 41. BEAR HEAD/SUN SIGN MONUMENT. The 'sun-sign', meant to be seen around noon only, for a couple hours a day. Going in the direction from the shadowed 'bears-eye' down at a 30 degree angle is west, where the sun sets. When the sun sets, the nose of the bear casts a shadow on the 'sun-sign' marker. I like what the Jesuits did, combining the 'bear-head' monument with the 'sun-sign' {that's original}. ----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------------------------- ---------------------- -------------------------- Also like how those talented stone-cutters used 'rock-incorporation', by choosing the boulder to be used with some natural occurring darker stone in it. Notice the nose of the 'bear' is darker in color {matching the color of a bears nose}. Those clever Spaniards. The Spaniard in charge apparently liked bears and instructed the stone cutters to do a good job. ----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------------- The 'sun-sign' represents something hidden or buried {close by}. They are found at campsite or mine areas. Kenworthy also states that they could represent the 3rd corner of an 'Omega-triangle'. This would be a sign to keep an eye out for.

THE KINGS FILES ---------- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0338 (4).JPG IMAG0339 (4).JPG IMAG0340 (4).JPG Fault outcrop and boulder monuments on the banks of south east canyon.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello trailrider, sometimes I have a habit of making things harder that I should, it maybe that the head runs East and West and because the two boulders are set as they are a sign because they are close it could be that they run North and South and the trail markers leaving may be 36 / 40 inches high and a 1/4 mile away, 1200 hundred to 1350 feet away, remember that rocks layed out in a pattern, a trench, bare earth thats the same size means the same thing, something that 30 feet long ( snake ) has the same meaning as something carved on a bluff thats 30 ft high, a snake has two directions a carved face on a bluff has only one

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Omega, to me has the same meaning as a anything that indicates the start of a trail, Lion face, turtle head, rabbit , I think that size really does have a meaning because thats how far you can see it , a egg waist high that has a cross 10 inches long carved on it with a cripple arm shows 3 directions. Have you studied the street lay out of Washington DC, most all of the symbols match with some variation,

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to get back deeper into this canyon for further study, to answer these questions. I only hiked through this canyon a couple of times and took pictures. A primary search. Also I have to locate them again, think I know the vicinity they were in. I'm curious about them also, what can be learned from them. thanks

I do the same and understand about locating signs after you have passed them. I don't see a lot of my signs till I get home. I hope I have fixed that problem with a tablet so I can now view my pictures before I leave the area. I used to take a small notebook laptop.

I don't know how you would decode this, but I will say I like this spot.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trailrider, that monument of the king of Spain, I would look in the immediate area for a heart. I have found two maps this way, and hidden entrances. There is never just one hole into a mountain, they made many, some for air, some for access to the ore. Once you get on the trail of these, you will find much also. They are evenly spaced apart. Let me know if you find anything with your monument.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread