What's new

Boom! Finally A Gold Coin!!!! :)

Seener53

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
761
Reaction score
424
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I met up with my buddy at an old pounded park. I was kind of late with a hangover ;) When I got there my buddy had 3 silvers already so I started swinging and my first
target was a 1943 merc. Dug 3 more targets (low tones) which were junk and came across a bouncy 11-27. After a couple of seconds it locked on to 12-30 with the cursor in the middle of the screen. So that got me curious as I dug some gold before on the same cursor position. Dug a 6 inch plug and bam at the bottom of the plug was Gold! Called my buddy over as I was jumping up & down he confirmed my find and got some water to wash off the dirt. After a rinse a beautiful 1906 D 5$ gold emerged. Also found a 1904 V nickel and 5 wheaties, my buddy found 2 war nickels, 2 mercs, barber dime and over 20 wheaties. What a day, I'm so happy :)

Thanks for looking & HH!

image-2184697300.webp



image-602325128.webp



image-578526793.webp



image-4258154886.webp



image-425475770.webp



image-3074051777.webp



image-339813453.webp
 
Upvote 154
You lucky dog you! Man I can only imagine the rush seeing that coin stair back at you.
 
Thank you everyone :)
Happy Hunting!
 
Wow! I've been hunting a similar park for some time now and have found just about every denomination in nearly every design... EXCEPT A GOLD COIN! Have to say... a little envious! Congrats on your great find!
 
You lucky dog you! Man I can only imagine the rush seeing that coin stair back at you.

Thanks, it was. I was afraid of getting robed the rest of the day as the park was in the "hood" lol.
 
That is one cool find!!!! Great job and HH!
 
Brings a tear to my eye so freakin pretty I love the way Gold just seems so much nicer with a little mud on it CONGRATS MY FRIEND.......LOVE THE BOOOOM!!!!!!! Keep posting: -)
 
Wow! Great find!

Just curious - how did you clean the gold coin??? Or did you just rinse in water? I've never found gold, but it would be helpful to know. Awesome find! What kind of detector did you use?
 
Just curious - how did you clean the gold coin??? Or did you just rinse in water? I've never found gold, but it would be helpful to know. Awesome find! What kind of detector did you use?

Thank you, just rinsed it with bottled water at the spot and when I got home I dabbed the low spots with a wet cotton ball.
 
Congrats on that $5 gold piece! That's what every detectorist dreams of!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom