What's new

Boom! Finally A Gold Coin!!!! :)

Seener53

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
761
Reaction score
424
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I met up with my buddy at an old pounded park. I was kind of late with a hangover ;) When I got there my buddy had 3 silvers already so I started swinging and my first
target was a 1943 merc. Dug 3 more targets (low tones) which were junk and came across a bouncy 11-27. After a couple of seconds it locked on to 12-30 with the cursor in the middle of the screen. So that got me curious as I dug some gold before on the same cursor position. Dug a 6 inch plug and bam at the bottom of the plug was Gold! Called my buddy over as I was jumping up & down he confirmed my find and got some water to wash off the dirt. After a rinse a beautiful 1906 D 5$ gold emerged. Also found a 1904 V nickel and 5 wheaties, my buddy found 2 war nickels, 2 mercs, barber dime and over 20 wheaties. What a day, I'm so happy :)

Thanks for looking & HH!

image-2184697300.webp



image-602325128.webp



image-578526793.webp



image-4258154886.webp



image-425475770.webp



image-3074051777.webp



image-339813453.webp
 
Upvote 154
Congrats on a terrific gold coin find. The "as dug" photos are terrific.
 
Give us some hope as well.. what part of the world are you in?
 
If I could dance, I would do one for you! What a terrific day!
 
Man,I'd be camping out at that site! Big congrats on a great hunt - 1/2 Eagle/V Nickle/Winged Liberty +more This place needs a serious lootin' Please go low/slow and show us the goods!Has to be some real exotics there.HH.....
 
Great gold find of a life of searching for a really big find. Could be more than the one you found, dig some more like it!!!!!!!
 
Seener-that is so gorgeous!!!!! Good job!
 
Anyone know the value of this coin
 
I am happy for you....I am excited you found this......amazing...........
 
Awesome awesome,and awesome!!! What a great bunch of finds there, bet you forgot all about the hangover.
 
Awesome awesome,and awesome!!! What a great bunch of finds there, bet you forgot all about the hangover.

Sure did Bayou Joe, and Thanks :)
 
Anyone know the value of this coin

At least 380$, but it looks extra fine+ so might be more. Would have to send it out to get graded.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom