What's new

Boom! Finally A Gold Coin!!!! :)

Seener53

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
761
Reaction score
424
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I met up with my buddy at an old pounded park. I was kind of late with a hangover ;) When I got there my buddy had 3 silvers already so I started swinging and my first
target was a 1943 merc. Dug 3 more targets (low tones) which were junk and came across a bouncy 11-27. After a couple of seconds it locked on to 12-30 with the cursor in the middle of the screen. So that got me curious as I dug some gold before on the same cursor position. Dug a 6 inch plug and bam at the bottom of the plug was Gold! Called my buddy over as I was jumping up & down he confirmed my find and got some water to wash off the dirt. After a rinse a beautiful 1906 D 5$ gold emerged. Also found a 1904 V nickel and 5 wheaties, my buddy found 2 war nickels, 2 mercs, barber dime and over 20 wheaties. What a day, I'm so happy :)

Thanks for looking & HH!

image-2184697300.webp



image-602325128.webp



image-578526793.webp



image-4258154886.webp



image-425475770.webp



image-3074051777.webp



image-339813453.webp
 
Upvote 154
Love the Gold , congrats...
 
Seener, when i found gold yesterday

2013-07-26 18.22.55.webp

.....it was bronze. :-(
 
AWESOME FIND!!!Congrats to you!:occasion14:
 
If I found gold, I would dig and dig until I found the rest of the gold coins that went with that one. Super great detecting. WOW WOW!!!!!!!!
 
Boom! Nice find!
 
If I found gold, I would dig and dig until I found the rest of the gold coins that went with that one. Super great detecting. WOW WOW!!!!!!!!

Thanks dig deeper now, I went back 3 times already and dug up every pull tab, can slaw and anything else that sounded off in the area but no such luck :)
 
What a killer find buddy, congrats on the banner - it looked even better in my hand when you brought it to my house!!!
 
Awesome, i hope some day ill get a gold coin...:occasion14:
 
Awesome, just awesome congrats

CB
 
A dream find indeed! Congratulations on a great looking gold coin. Makes me still believe they are out there.
 
Wow, congrats on an awesome find.
 
now that's one sweet sweet find. way to go. a banner find for sure.
Owg..
 
That is absolutely amazing...truly the stuff dreams are made of.
 
Way to go man! now there's something you can't find coin roll hunting :headbang:
 
So is metal detecting a gold coin the only real cure for a hangover? :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom