All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 52

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friggin Awesome
Those other 4 make up for the first one that you hit with the digger.
& a couple from the 1700s ! You Da MAN.
An Envious Congratulations
Davers.

p.s. I took me a sec to figure out that the OP went from 1 coin Found To 4 more just cool as heck.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess everyone is still frothing over 8 reales to notice,but im confused here,your thread post said cache of reales when you found 1,then 2 days later you find 4 more,something doesn't add up

Name the denomination of one of Ace,s recovered reales.
If that,s not what confuses you it must be the definition of a cache that does?

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Name the denomination of one of Ace,s recovered reales.
If that,s not what confuses you it must be the definition of a cache that does?
let me clear this up for you chair,what I consider a cache is finding more than 1 coin in a single spot,yea ahab I saw this when it had 2 pages probably...4-5 hours after thread started,and I saw the title cache,it wasn't till page 4 I saw any mention of multiple coins,so that was what I was trying to get to the bottom of,did the op already find them,and just not post them till later

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess everyone is still frothing over 8 reales to notice,but im confused here,your thread post said cache of reales when you found 1,then 2 days later you find 4 more,something doesn't add up

Yes Ahab8 is.correct. A few members told me I should change the title of the post to reflect the significance of the find. This is how this find goes:

On the day of my first night shift, after a nap, I decided to head out in the field for half an hour before my son got home. I found that first 8 reale (1807) on that hunt, but ran out of time and had to go home. After my night shift that night, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to try my luck again since I had a couple of hours before I'd have to get some rest. On that day, which is the second half of the post, I found the other 4 8reales. I posted them when I was able to. There are 5 in total, all from the same 12'x12' area. Call it a cache, hoard, spill or whatever. Sorry if there was some confusion and I hope this clears it up for you. :)

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and I just kept going on the same thread with the other 4 8reales instead of starting a new thread.

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for clearing that up.i was under the impression you couldn't change thread title,i must have been viewing this thread while you were uploading pics or changing thread,and it hadn't taken effect,anyway congrats,and I would hunt that place exclusively for the next month

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you haven't found them all. The field was probably once plowed, and the cache scattered around (no other reason for them to be spread out). You'll get a couple more Big 8's from that field yet!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for clearing that up.i was under the impression you couldn't change thread title,i must have been viewing this thread while you were uploading pics or changing thread,and it hadn't taken effect,anyway congrats,and I would hunt that place exclusively for the next month
When he found the first coin the title was "big silver" or something like that. After he found more at the same site he just kept posting here. I assume the mods changed the title. Unless there is a way for the thread starter to change it that I am unaware of.

If all of this has already been discussed/explained I apologize. I skipped a few posts.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mods changed it but it took a little time. Just gotta get the banner pic changed so it shows all 5

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless there is a way for the thread starter to change it that I am unaware of.

Yeah, be good to be able to change the title once its posted!!!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Did I miss the cache?
Nice coin though. I'm a few reale short of eight myself.
You said a cache of 8 reales. I only saw one in the picture, no mention of a count. Did you find more?

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said a cache of 8 reales. I only saw one in the picture, no mention of a count. Did you find more?

Page 1 was when I found the first one. Page 4 is when I found the other 4, and the pics are there. There are 5 8reales. 8 is the denomination of the coin.

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds! I can agree with what you were saying, I don't think anyone could not say what you did after seeing that/those in the hole!

I would love to find a Reale of any denomination, but I think you are now officially ruined for Reales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions