Camera Underwater for over two years... With Pictures....

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went for a water hunt the other day with a couple friends... Got down to the beach, and found myself out about chest deep. Got a few coins on the way out and a small musket ball... Then a big hit, thought for sure it was a can, but this time in the scoop, was a Cannon Camera....lololol.... I was kinda close to one of the guys, so I told him to stop and look at the camera so I could take his picture....
laughing7.gif
Anyway, I continued the hunt with a bulky camera in my pouch... Got a few more coins... slim pickins in this little area... Also ot a lead solgier, and a V Nickel. On my way in, I found a very nice Heavy Men's 14 K Gold Ring with 5 diamonds and some sort of a White stone any ideas? ... I am certainly on a roll this season with diamonds... But that's not the end of the story, I managed to work the Dandisk free after 2 days from the camera. I let it dry out, and plugged it into the slot in my computer.... Bam ....... It still had 152 pictures on the card... I downloaded them, and come to find out, I guess someone had tied the camera to a kite,
huh.gif
and took some pictures.... Not to sure how they did that
huh.gif
I also am guessing it wasn't tied to good, or the kite dipped a little to far down, and it went into the water, and I found it over 2 years later...... The dates of the pictures were 9/11/2010... over 2 years underwater and they were still there...wow...... Now I know why I use Sandiisks in my Nikon D 50 & D5000.... Here are a few pictures from the camera, and of the Gold Ring from that day....The last picture is a self portrait of the guy that lost the camera I guess? Anyone know him? If you look good, you can see the reflection of the camera in his sunglasses.... Good luck Hunting..... Cleaned Cannon Camera (1).JPG Kite Camera (40).JPG Kite Camera (74).JPG Cleaned Cannon Camera (3).JPG Kite  (3).JPG Kite  (9).JPG Kite  (12).JPG Kite  (16).JPG Kite  (18).JPG Kite Camera (7).JPG Kite Camera (9).JPG

Upvote 9

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Subterranean said:
I think your lead soldier is as follows: made by Britiains, set number 9114, 11th Hussars (Prince Albert's Own) dismounted with horses, an eight piece set, yours being a standing trooper. Missing his right arm and the plume on his helmet, circa 1930. I hope this helps. Sub

Awesome research.... Thank you for the help.... I have quite a few more that I have no idea about....on another note about that camera... I have a few clues as to maybe where the person may work that owned the camera.... Just didn't want to share all of the photos at this time....

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will have a very cool lost n' found story for us all in the near future! Way to go. You can always send pix of your lead soldiers and I will dig for ID's on them. I enjoy that! Sub

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome story....thanks for sharing

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. I think the news would enjoy running this as a human interest story. Bet it gets picked up by the national. Thanks for sharing.
HH
TnMtns

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread